CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

Lame question for CL guys.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2009 | 12:02 AM

S 63
Lame question for CL guys.

I don't know much about the MB line up so forgive me for having such a noob question.

I was watching Million Dollar Trainwrek (listing) and at one point in the show it look like they guy pushed a button on his CL to close his door. Do the CL's have that feature or was I not seeing this correctly?

I know the trunk on most of our cars have the auto close option, just wondered if they had this for the doors? I've been to Japan, and all the Taxi have auto open but not auto close so I can't see it being too much of a stretch if its not an option.

Again sorry for such a noob question but I did a search and found nothing.

Don
Old 11-12-2009 | 06:54 AM

German karts
Originally Posted by Cyberous
I don't know much about the MB line up so forgive me for having such a noob question.

I was watching Million Dollar Trainwrek (listing) and at one point in the show it look like they guy pushed a button on his CL to close his door. Do the CL's have that feature or was I not seeing this correctly?

I know the trunk on most of our cars have the auto close option, just wondered if they had this for the doors? I've been to Japan, and all the Taxi have auto open but not auto close so I can't see it being too much of a stretch if its not an option.

Again sorry for such a noob question but I did a search and found nothing.

Don
As far as I remember it, Japanese taxis have auto close rear doors so the driver can remotely close the door in case the passenger is in a hurry and left the door open.
Maybach 62 also have this feature for the rear doors so the rear passengers don't have to reach out and close the door (altho they usually have either the chauffeur or the assistant who opens and closes the door for them anyway )
As far as the CL goes, I don't think they offer it even as an option.
Old 11-13-2009 | 12:23 AM

S 63
Thanks for the response.

I was in Japan again last year and remember having a taxi pull up, driver not get out but door pop open. Driver would get out and open door for us when we stopped. Maybe they have both features and I just didn't see the close feature work.

Again, thanks for the respons, I can't imagine this feature being too far off for the MB lineup.

Don
Old 11-14-2009 | 02:16 PM

2020 Mercedes GLS450, 2021 Porsche 911 Cab
There is no auto close doors on the cl.. just the trunk the doors however are softclose