CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

CL 550 problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL 550
CL 550 problems

The "great deal" I got from my brother... may not have been! I bought his 'babied' 2008 CL 550 in November of 2011 w/ just 21k on the odo... freshly serviced, new tires etc. In the 3.4 years since I've put but 15k on it but it's required a new hydraulic pump, a new voice control module (this to run the control screen), camshaft adjustment solenoids... adding up to [just 15 thousand miles later] to just about $5,000.00 or $3 a mile without factoring gasoline, insurance, tires etc. into the equation. Speaking of, I just had the brakes done (new rotors, pads etc), system flushed, new tires, cabin and oil filters changes, new plugs... add another $2,500?

So at 36,500 miles, just prior to having all of this done, the drivers side door (left side, in America) no longer 'vacuum shuts' but rather one has to fairly slam it shut; the left rear reverse light doesn't work, on closer examination, the latter being more than just the bulb. On pulling that bit of kit I was able to test that lamp and it's fine as are the fuses sooooooo... any thoughts ($$$) of what's lurking behind either the door or electrical problem? Great car but these 'anomalies' are striking me as a bit ridiculous... I'm glad I have other cars in the stable to rely on for the daily grind. I'll appreciate your two cents, thank you! Peter (peterbbell@gmail.com)