CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

Help on rims

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK500
Exclamation Help on rims

Hey guys I drive a 2005 clk500 and the other night I crushed my front right rim. Ive been trying to find it everywhere but I havent had any luck. I find pictures online, but never any description. Its 19 x 8.5 with 6 inch depth (semi deep dish I guess). Im on this CL-class thread because I read somewhere online that the rims im looking for are actually a type for CL class. This is the closest I got (these are the exact rims I found on some forum, but posted 5 years ago)...
http://www.pureklas.co.uk/wheels/mer...ep-dish-wheels
Old 04-21-2015, 11:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Hi Jay,

The rim you posted is a replica wheel, most likely a copy wheel that was produced in China and then imported here and sold as a AMG Style.

The problem is these wheels have a great price tag when buying a full set, but these are typically only going to be available based on the production and import of a few containers...about 1200-2000 wheels at most, and when they are gone they are gone.

The manufacturers in China do not stock or hold any production for crash replacement...they sell them by the container load based on demand during that generation, and they sell and ship them at about 400pcs each time. The importers then try to sell as many complete sets as possible, and then later on it is easy for them to say sorry those are no longer manufactured, but here I can get you this new updated style....this complete set in this design for this price...and hopefully you will be done with the car by the time the wheels are gone and out of style and stock, and the next buyer can get the next generation and so on.

Over the years I have seen people buy the Brabus copies and then need a replacement and then be stuck figuring out that they can no longer get them because it is no longer a hot item, so they try to match it by getting an original which typically does not match and costs usually double the set for one wheel.

Your only option is to get a new set of wheels, I would suggest perhaps getting a set of original factory wheels...I have seen a few people get the later SL550 wheels in 19 inch and run those, you may need to order some spacers and longer lugs to maximize the look and offset, but at least you would have true AMG wheels that can be ordered and are around the market in a much greater volume.

Your other option is to check with some of the other tuner brands.
Hope this helps! Sorry for your misfortune.

Jim
Old 04-22-2015, 12:42 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes-Benz
I found this link on Ebay...you can try to see if the seller can take pictures of the exact rims in stock and see if they will sell you one to match? It is a long shot but would be worth checking.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/19-Inch-Five-Double-Spoke-Silver-AMG-Replica-Wheels-Rims-/381232571752?hash=item58c33b6568&vxp=mtr
Jim
Old 04-22-2015, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK500
Originally Posted by OSMS_Carlsson
I found this link on Ebay...you can try to see if the seller can take pictures of the exact rims in stock and see if they will sell you one to match? It is a long shot but would be worth checking.

19 inch Five Double Spoke Silver AMG Replica Wheels Rims | eBay

Jim
Hey Jim thank you so much for your help! I sent an email to the guy on ebay because they look extremely alike to mine, although mine seem a bit darker on the spokes. I doubt the seller will sell my just one, so if its the same rims I guess ill just have to buy the set so that if this misfortune ever happens again I can have extras I guess.. But if they arent the same and I cant buy a single, I was wondering if you $729.00 for a set of those seems expensive and I should maybe look elsewhere for a new set? (I really like black rims )
Old 04-22-2015, 01:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes-Benz
Hi Jay,

$729.00 for a complete set of rims for a Mercedes-Benz is definitely a deal, but sometimes you have to consider that you get what you pay for! If you were to check the price of the Original Factory AMG wheel in 17" for your car, the price for just one single wheel is probably just about that amount, which sounds like a lot of money for one single wheel, but it is a factory original and it is available...you will always find a stock wheel somewhere in the market, but the copies will be much harder because they are produced in quantities that are far less than OEM and they are made so cheap that the cost is almost a value that equals enough use to throw them away and get a new set.

I would say $729.00 for a set of 4 wheels is a good price, good enough that if you had to do it again in 2 years, you would have gotten your use out of them.

Jim
Old 04-22-2015, 07:43 PM

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
Presently 19 S560 SEDAN, 2014 XK, SOLD GLE 450e
http://www.originalwheels.com/merced...ss2011rims.php