Shift problem 2010 CL-550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Shift problem 2010 CL-550

All,

I have a strange shifting problem with my 2010 CL-550.

This happens ONLY when you try to aggressively accelerate. From a stop, if you all but floor the gas pedal, the car takes off....but then hesitates to switch gears. And it doesn't stay in first gear....it feels as if it goes into neutral...and then 1 or 2 seconds later it finds 2nd gear and then continues to operate normally...upshifting and moving fast.

If you go from a complete stop with "normal" pressure on the gas pedal, this does not occur. The car shifts smoothly.

I have an appointment with MB of Chicago ...just wondering if you all have any thoughts / ideas.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 06-09-2015, 11:09 AM

C32 AMG
No takers?

I dropped the car off at MB this morning. We'll see what they have to say.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
Hi,
I had this problem with my W221 2008 S500. It occurred only once in a while but it was enough to shock me each time. I believe it is one of 7-G Tronic known problems.

Let me know if you figure it out!
Old 06-16-2015, 02:54 PM

C32 AMG
So far....no new info...

Originally Posted by Armadillo888
Hi,
I had this problem with my W221 2008 S500. It occurred only once in a while but it was enough to shock me each time. I believe it is one of 7-G Tronic known problems.

Let me know if you figure it out!

Nothing so far. Took it to a Benz dealer (not the purchase location). They said " it needs a new trans".

I took it to the dealer (purchase location) and they said " the trans was replaced". I told them that they either needed to fix it, or we're going to have a lemon law case on our hands. They have the vehicle now.

Interestingly, after the Benz dealer (not the purchase location) gave me the car back, it was more difficult to reproduce the problem. You had to almost stand on the gas pedal to get it to do it....and then....it was a "shorter" delay between shifting from 1st to 2nd. Almost as if opening up the trans somehow improved things.

Strange.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted.