CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

Think Dealer Service is BS'ing Me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 05:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 S550V4 2001 S430 (Sold) 1976 450 SL
Think Dealer Service is BS'ing Me?

I have 2012 CL550 w/ under 30k miles. The vehicle has been held captive by the dlr. for four of the past six wks.

The multi-contour seat carriers or "bladders" on both driver and passenger have been replaced. However, neither holds their settings. Overnight the "settings" (the number of 'bars' showing on the Command) bleed down. Thus, if the driver's desired setting is 3 bars on all 5-6 seat categories, the driver has to physically reset them to their liking each time. The dlr. SA says this is true on all of them. They have ckd. and the carriers are solid; not leaking. "It's just the way they are...", the SA says.

To that, I say wth? An option on a 130k car has to be monitored and physically manipulated ea. time the car sits for more than three hrs.?

The active bolstering and multi feature is very common in CL's. Has anyone else had issues w/ the option not holding the settings? Is this really how they work? I had the option on my S550 and had no "bleed" down.

I'm ready to explode on the post service survey and the SA is pleading for me to not go negative. I won't if I am not being bs'd.

Can anyone pls. guide me? Thanks.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:29 AM

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
2007 CL550
Hopefully you can take your vehicle to another dealer. If your vehicle is still under factory warranty, insist that a dealer show your concerns on a service request prior to expiration. If you put them on notice prior to warranty expiration, MBUSA becomes obligated to resolve the issue even if the warranty expires prior to resolution of the issue.

Your vehicle should remember the seat inflation settings and re-inflate the seat as soon as you start the engine if it has lost any air.

FYI-- several people have reported that Mercedes CPO warranties do NOT cover the seat bladders. Some third part extended warranties do cover them.