LookiNg To Get A Used Cl500 AMG As DD . . . Or Should Instay Away

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cadillac
LookiNg To Get A Used Cl550 AMG As DD . . . Or Should Instay Away

Would Be Looking At A 09 Or 10 .
What Commom Issues Do TheSe Cars Have And Is A 2011 More REaliable. . .
Or SHould I Just Stay Away From Something This Old

Last edited by Wantboost; 12-09-2016 at 11:03 PM.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:14 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2021 CLS 400d
Get a 2011, much better.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2008 CL550, 2018 E400 Coupe, 2019 AMG GLE43 Coupe, 1968 C10 Restomod
No issues. Love mine.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:31 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 CL550 4Matic
I'm also looking for one as a daily driver. I found a 2010 CL500 with 46K. Wondering if any known issues to look for.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 Mercedes Benz CL 550
The best money anyone can spend on a car is a pre purchase inspection. On the CL make sure you dont have any leaks. Especially in the suspension system. As this can get expensive fast. Also if you can scan the whole car with DAS to make sure all is good. If you are mechanically inclined and can do some of your own stuff. Then I highly recommend buying a icarsoft hand held tester for MB. This amazing little unit will scan every system on your car and you can read and clear trouble codes and also see live data. Works great on all 96 up Mercedes. A must if you work on your own car. Its the next best thing to owning a Mercedes Diagnostic Laptop. And its cheap too at $161 on Ebay. You can reset your oil service interval and reset/clear trouble codes. Great thing to have when you suddenly get a warning light on. I carry mine in my trunk. When you do get your new car be sure to check the age of the batteries as the batteries are so important. Old batteries can take out your alternator and cause electrical issues. Have them tested. Ive owned my 07 CL 550 for 5 months now and I replaced both batteries with new. The large system battery in the trunk was the original from 06. One evening after seeing a movie my car has a freaky surge at startup and it affected my alternator. Now I have to replace my voltage regulator because my batteries were old. The battery under the hood is the cranking battery for the starter. I replaced mine with a T5 Everlast battery from WalMart @ $107 so much better than $250 for a MB battery that Mercedes will try to convince you that its the only one that will work. That is a bunch of BS. The T5 battery is just slightly taller and fits nicely in its place. With a 3 yr replacement warranty, and a couple of yrs prorate after that its an excellent deal. Highly recommended for many different MB models that use a cranking battery. The cranking amps are more than sufficient. In general Mercedes uses 3 sizes of batteries the large, the small and the cranking battery. This is for many models spanning many years. On the CL 550 you are supposed to turn off the convenience features in the info center before replacing or disconnecting your battery. On some cars you are supposed to register the battery in the computer system so the car knows it has a new battery. ( BMW 07 up ) My model and year didnt require it but newer years may. I just cannot express the importance enough of having good batteries in late model cars due to the use of so many computerized systems. Ive been working on MB and BMWs for over 40 yrs and Ive seen so many weird things happen from a bad battery or alternator. For example one day a BMW 745i shows up at the job I had at the time and the complaint was no AC cooling. The repair was replacing the battery as the computerized system was turning off consumers to avoid the driver from getting stuck. The battery was bad and barely cranking the engine. Once replaced and the whole car was scanned and cleared of codes the AC was once again working and the car and its owner were both happy. Well gotta run. hope my long winded post was of help if anything one day you will remember something I said and it will make you look like a genius to some service writer trying to sell you something you dont need. Good luck with your new car!