CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

2009 CL63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 08:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 CL63

Does anyone know which generation IPod I can use in the glove box to connect to the car? I believe the cable in the car is 30 pin? Also, I have seen 30 pin to lightening adapters and was curious if I could use this with my current Iphone 7 and connect to the car.

Regards,

Andy
Old 06-05-2017, 09:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 cl550 4matic
I use a 4th gen ipod touch with my 09 CL550 on the 30 pin connector in the glove compartment. It doesn't charge as it plays which is a bummer but it does work with steering wheel control to navigate artists, songs, playlists etc displayed on the speedometer screen. It's an 8G model MC540LL/A.

I was just at the dealership yesterday in part because the ipod wasn't recognized after the entire COMAND system and voice control module had been replaced last week. It had worked previously appearing as an "AUX" entry on the COMAND audio menu. My experience of this dealership service department so far is that if I just present a problem to them, they want to keep the car for a week or so and find the most expensive and involved "solution", so, I researched the issue a bit before going in and suggested they turn on or activate the AUX option in the "engineering" or "service" menu. They did this in about 10 minutes while I waited.

Haven't tried my iphone 6 with a lightning to 30pin adapter but would like to know the answer to that too. Was thinking about getting a Tune2Air wireless adapter for the 30 pin connector and a ViseeO MB4+ bluetooth adapter for the center storage bin connector. From what I've read that would give me the hands-free bluetooth telephony integration and streaming music/podcasts etc. The ViseeO also has a usb port that would hopefully charge the iphone.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL63
Originally Posted by eandytemp
Does anyone know which generation IPod I can use in the glove box to connect to the car? I believe the cable in the car is 30 pin? Also, I have seen 30 pin to lightening adapters and was curious if I could use this with my current Iphone 7 and connect to the car.

Regards,

Andy
yes there is an adapter and it works with it....I have a 30 pin iPod tho so I use that but a friend of mine had the newer one (lightening pin) and although i dont need it but I had the adapter so he used it and it worked perfectly...and yes theres no charging but tbh it doesnt matter...oooh and you cant pause the song it just keeps playing..you got to mute it in case you want it to stop
Old 08-15-2017, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CL550
Originally Posted by MA043HA

Haven't tried my iphone 6 with a lightning to 30pin adapter but would like to know the answer to that too. Was thinking about getting a Tune2Air wireless adapter for the 30 pin connector and a ViseeO MB4+ bluetooth adapter for the center storage bin connector. From what I've read that would give me the hands-free bluetooth telephony integration and streaming music/podcasts etc. The ViseeO also has a usb port that would hopefully charge the iphone.
Any chance you could provide me with some more info regarding the Bluetooth and wireless adapter?

i am definitely looking to get me something that would allow me to stream music (Pandora).

Greg