CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

high mileage cl600

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 01:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2003 CL600 1988 Porsche 928S4
high mileage cl600

Gentlemen, new to the forum and new future MB owner. I've owned many BMW's, Porsche's and i've decided to make the change to MB. With that said i'm looking at an 03 CL600 with 145k miles. A 2 owner california car that looks to be very well taken care of hasn't gotten into the ghetto hands of someone as its 100% stock including the wheels . I've only seen pictures so far and i'm scheduled to do the actual test drive this weekend. A few things i want to ask and hopefully i can get some words of wisdom from some owners out there that have these cars with high miles on them. What are tell tail signs of existing or potential mechanical issues i should look for??. I have a best friend who is a master bmw mechanic who was able to help me with BMW's but don't know anyone for MB. I want to purchase an aftermarket extended warranty to cover any issues that may come up as i know they are costly to repair on these cars. What services should have been done and any way i can tell if they were completed? I'm sure these cars have a lot more life left in them if they were and will be well maintained. I drive 130 highway miles round trip a day to work and want it take care of anything that may or may not need attention in advance that could potentially leave me stranded. Are the engines and transmissions good for another 50k miles with no major issues? turbo replacement? Thanks Gentlemen!!
Old 08-04-2017, 11:30 PM

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
2007 CL550
This the wrong wrong forum for a 2003 model, ask on the CL215 forum. If you are really asking about a 2003, I doubt you will be able to purchase an extended warranty especially for a vehicle with 145K miles. If you find a company that will sell an extended warranty, I would expect it to be extremely expensive with a very limited scope of what is covered and also would not likely cover you for any extended period of time since you plan to drive 30K miles per year.

There were only about 200 CL600 vehicles made for 2003 (of which a limited number of these where sold in the US) which makes it difficult to get any meaningful trend data.