Intermittent Parking Sensors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320 2009 (W209)
Intermittent Parking Sensors

Hello,

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find an answer for this one and most garages just tell me to replace the rear radar.

My parking sensors seem to work absolutely fine for weeks at a time, and then another car with a radar will disable my car and it stops functioning for weeks. If I come across another car with a radar in traffic, it might start working again when I gain some distance from them.

The problem I think lies with the parktronic system, because even when the parking sensors are inoperable, it will work for a few seconds after I turn the car on. Is there no way I can disable the parktronic system all together and just have the sensors? (I never use the parking guidance!)

Thanks in advance!

G.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Mercedes Benz cl550 4MATIC amg package
Sorry to resurrect this thread but has anyone solved this issue? I tried to go to the dealer and they told me this is the design and there isn't anything we can do. No matter what, if you're behind any Subaru, Mazda, lexus, Ford /Lincoln, Nissan, and some Chrysler cars, I get the following warning... Parking guidance unavailable, see operator's Manual. Please help! Thanks

Originally Posted by the88g
Hello,

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find an answer for this one and most garages just tell me to replace the rear radar.

My parking sensors seem to work absolutely fine for weeks at a time, and then another car with a radar will disable my car and it stops functioning for weeks. If I come across another car with a radar in traffic, it might start working again when I gain some distance from them.

The problem I think lies with the parktronic system, because even when the parking sensors are inoperable, it will work for a few seconds after I turn the car on. Is there no way I can disable the parktronic system all together and just have the sensors? (I never use the parking guidance!)

Thanks in advance!

G.