CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

Harmon Kardon Logic 7 speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
Harmon Kardon Logic 7 speakers

Think my current speakers are pretty much ready to be replaced - lots of rattling and with my car being a 2008, i think its had better days!

Anyone know where i can get direct replacements? Thought about upgrading the whole system but i just cant bring myself round to doing it...
Old 06-28-2018, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
CLK55, CL500, Q45
The rattling is from the cones separating from the the speaker mount. Take the speakers out of the doors, and you can use a rubber cement
to re-glue the cones to the mount. Let the rubber cement dry for a day or two, and re-install. You will be surprised by the results. I got the idea
from the S-class boys who were using rubber cement to fix the rear deck sub woofer.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 185 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Direct replacements are available from Mercedes dealers.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by lkchris
Direct replacements are available from Mercedes dealers.
Hi, yeah, I checked with the dealers but to be honest, for the age of the car and value of the car, i was hoping to see if there were other alternatives before splashing out on brand new replacement parts.

Thanks!
Old 07-04-2018, 01:00 PM

Received 183 Likes on 115 Posts
2015 E400 and 2015 GLK350
Mark, I have done a lot of "minor" stereo/sound system repairs and upgrades over many years. The MB, like most of the other upper-bracket cars, uses all proprietary speaker designs so that they can make them as good as possible while fitting into the interiors of the cars seamlessly. . . at the lowest price point possible. Do not for a minute think that every component of the HK system will have the HK logo on it. They may or may not. I haven't torn my MB apart, but my previous car (Lexus LS with Mark Levinson sound system) had cheap-O speakers that looked like $5 items. They sounded OK, but replacement was nearly impossible without a second mortgage.

I finally located a local auto electronics shop that would address the Lexus' problems. We had to make custom brackets to mount the after-market speakers, and had to design some creative electronics to match the speaker impedance to the amplifier. The pro's can do this stuff. They do it all the time. Cars like MB, Lexus, Audi, etc., are how they stay in business.

I have also consulted Crutchfield Electronics (one of the big-time auto electronics sellers) and they have NO direct replacement for any MB speakers. Only generics that you have to adapt.

Part of the problem for DIY folks is that there is such a small market for speakers for MB's. There aren't that many of any model vehicle sold, and of those sold, an even smaller percentage would be willing to do the install themselves, so the production volume would be tiny -- and costly.