CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

CL 63 Multi-Contour Seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 03:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
CL 63 Multi-Contour Seat

Hi - Apologies if I have not looked hard enough but I have seen loads of threads relating to Multi-Contour Seat in other models but not the CL.
The Multi-Contour Seat have basically stopped working and whatever value you put in they return to Zero. Seems it could be Fuse, Pump, Crimp in lead etc.
Anyone experienced the same in CL? Any ideas how to access Fuse box for Multi-Contour Seat?
Any help appreciated.
Alex
Old 10-06-2018, 01:22 AM

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
2007 CL550
Most likely cause is a leak in one of the seat air bladders. A leak in one seat will cause both seats to fail. Unfortunately, this can be a very expensive repair. I had one fail in my passenger seat cushion during the last month of my third party extended warranty. They ended up paying almost $5000 to my dealer for a replacement seat cushion.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
Thanks Steve. Here's a weird thing. Each time I turn the car on I get about 15 seconds where I can play with the adjustments before they fail. Each time I set an adjustment it stays...so over a period of days I am getting to the most comfortable seating. Obviously not ideal as cannot be changed easily. Its almost like it trips out the fuse (although I have checked this and its fine) or the computer system glitches?
Anyone had anything similar?
Old 10-07-2018, 04:20 AM

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
2007 CL550
Same symptom I experienced. The air pump operates while you are adjusting the seat to inflate to the desired setting. Once you stop changing the setting, the air pump shuts off since it is no longer needed. Then the air leaks out and that is what you are experiencing. You need to determine where the leak is. My dealer was able to disconnect and plug the air hose to the passenger seat which allowed the driver seat to function normally until the passenger seat cushion was replaced. Some people on the W221 part of the forum had success in repairing their air bladders themselves. If the leak is in the backrest you will have to be careful to not activate the airbag. The passenger seat cushion cushion contains a sensor to determine if someone is in the seat. Then there are the seat heaters.