CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

Voice Communication not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 03:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
w216
Voice Communication not working

On my CL500 (2014) I seem to have a strange issue. When I start the car the music will generally not come through the speakers even though it is displayed - I have to press the 'On' button so that it switches off and then back on and then it will generally work, however sometimes even that does not do the trick. The Voice Communication module does not seem to work at all - if I press it the music sound cuts off momentarily and then back on. Same goes for when I receive a call via bluetooth, or if I try to make a call directly from my mobile - it keeps cutting in and out without allowing me to speak or hear the call through the car speaker system - only the music comes in and out while trying to make a call.

I am guessing that the Voice Language Communicator Control Module is the culprit, does anyone think it might be something else and would it be OEM A2218705787 for the 2014 model?
Old 08-14-2021, 07:03 PM
SPONSOR

Received 820 Likes on 635 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by mvohra
On my CL500 (2014) I seem to have a strange issue. When I start the car the music will generally not come through the speakers even though it is displayed - I have to press the 'On' button so that it switches off and then back on and then it will generally work, however sometimes even that does not do the trick. The Voice Communication module does not seem to work at all - if I press it the music sound cuts off momentarily and then back on. Same goes for when I receive a call via bluetooth, or if I try to make a call directly from my mobile - it keeps cutting in and out without allowing me to speak or hear the call through the car speaker system - only the music comes in and out while trying to make a call.

I am guessing that the Voice Language Communicator Control Module is the culprit, does anyone think it might be something else and would it be OEM A2218705787 for the 2014 model?
first thing to do is verify if you have still the old software on command and audio
if not update it first
then if it still doesn't work you might start thinking that something hardware is faulty
Old 08-19-2021, 09:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
w216
Thanks @BenzNinja. The car went into Mercedes for an unrelated issue September 2020 and they said that they would be updating all the software.
I cannot be sure what version is the most current one but from the Diagnostic report given it shows that the car is on;
UCI - Media Interface SW version 10.41
Tuner - Standard Tuner SW version 09.42
Command - SW version 11.42
Old 08-20-2021, 07:13 PM
SPONSOR

Received 820 Likes on 635 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by mvohra
Thanks @BenzNinja. The car went into Mercedes for an unrelated issue September 2020 and they said that they would be updating all the software.
I cannot be sure what version is the most current one but from the Diagnostic report given it shows that the car is on;
UCI - Media Interface SW version 10.41
Tuner - Standard Tuner SW version 09.42
Command - SW version 11.42
only having a uptodate database like mine attached for offline or doing online will tell