Electric Seat Adjustment Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2022, 10:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 CL600
Electric Seat Adjustment Issue

Hi,

I recently purchased a 2007 CL600 with about 49k miles on the clock. It runs like a top, but there is an issue with the seat adjustments. If I use the door switch to move the seat bottom forward it will only move an inch or so, and I do not hear any straining on the motors. I then have to push it again and again to move an inch each time. It will move backwards smoothly. The seat also does not move when the seat is folded forward to allow easier entry to the rear. This issue is present on both seats.

The previous owner replaced the battery in the engine compartment as well as the one in the trunk just before I purchased. I also do have Xentry Passthru and WIS access, but am still learning the system. When I plugged the car into DAS the first time there were a handfull of stored(not current) low voltage fault codes witch makes sense with the battery replacement. But the left and right ESA modules show no normalization for the seat adjustments. I suspect the seats lost their adjustment parameters when the battery was replaced and now no longer know were they are along the track.

I then attempted to run the normalization process to correct this but it fails for both seats due to an undervoltage to the control module. I've checked the fuses and they are fine. It seems the seats are on separate circuits so it is odd that both seats are having the same issue. I found a voltage test, but WIS isnt very clear about component locations. I did pull the back off one seat, but was unsure if the control module I was looking at was for the seat adjustment or for the multicontour pneumatics.

Does anyone have any pointers on where to look to keep troubleshooting this?

Last edited by rockandroad; 12-29-2022 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Changed Pic to remove personal info