Fault code 90D0 Component switch illumination has short circuit or open circuit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2023, 02:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 CL65
Fault code 90D0 Component switch illumination has short circuit or open circuit

Hello,

I am having an issue with trouble code 90D0 component switch illumination has short circuit or open circuit on a 2009 cl65. I ran diagnostics with xentry and this is the code that I got. Xentry also gave me a supplemental information on the fault code 90D0 which states possible causes of fault Terminal 58 D and impaired function instrument lighting. I have attached photos of the codes. Can anyone help me in locating terminal 58 D? Cigarette lighter and illumination seems to have the only terminal 58 D with capital. There are multiple terminals 58d with lower case. I am trying to solve dash and switches illumination being very dim at night time. I also traced the issue to N72/1 Upper control panel control unit. When unplugging the 12pin connector 1 the illumination gets brighter. Is there an illumination dim switch control built into the n72/1 control unit? How do you adjust the switch buttons brightness? The ambient lighting switch is on level 5 but the buttons in the whole car are very dim low brightness hardly can see them at night. Any help appreciated, I am tempted to replace control unit N72/1 but I am not sure if that is the problem.

Old 03-10-2024, 05:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes W221
Hello i am having same issued. Did you fix it
Old 03-10-2024, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 CL65
Yes I did. It is your cigarette lighter switch in the bottom of the center console. If you open the ash tray the light is probably very dim. The bulb is nearly burnt up.