CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

Door Panel Cover is Separating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2023, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL 550
Door Panel Cover is Separating

Looking at buying a CL550. Several I've looked at show signs of the door panel cover separating.
Is there a fix for this?

Old 05-01-2024, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 cl550
Crappy CL door panels

Imagine only fix is to remove door panel and go from there. I’m surprised there is so little response to your question as it seems to be a pretty common issue. Alternative is to go to eBay and buy used replacement panels.
Old 06-10-2024, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 192 Posts
CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Originally Posted by Skip Padover
Imagine only fix is to remove door panel and go from there. I’m surprised there is so little response to your question as it seems to be a pretty common issue. Alternative is to go to eBay and buy used replacement panels.
It does seem to be a common problem. Mine have started doing it as well. I will take them apart at some point when I have time and see what the issue is. I think the foam backing is falling apart as they were soft to the touch...as far as I remember. If that's the case, the leather has to come off, new foam backing has to be glued in, and then the leather glued on top of that. Not rocket science but can be annoying/tedious. You'd think Mercedes would use more durable materials seeing how all their cars have the same foam/glue/headliner issues after a certain number of years.