CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

fold-in mirrors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NSX
fold-in mirrors

I noticed something strange today. After I picked up my CL600 from the dealership, where they installed a new ECU, my mirrors now fold in when I lock the doors. The unfold when I open the door. I saw this on another CL55 before, but thought my car didn't have this because it was an older model (2002). My car never did this before.... is this some setting? how did this feature all of a sudden appear on my car? They said they also replaced wire harnesses in the doors because sometimes my auto-up windows don't go up. Well I still have that problem. But now my mirrors fold!
Old 03-19-2005, 09:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2007 CL600
Originally Posted by AMG2GO
I noticed something strange today. After I picked up my CL600 from the dealership, where they installed a new ECU, my mirrors now fold in when I lock the doors. The unfold when I open the door. I saw this on another CL55 before, but thought my car didn't have this because it was an older model (2002). My car never did this before.... is this some setting? how did this feature all of a sudden appear on my car? They said they also replaced wire harnesses in the doors because sometimes my auto-up windows don't go up. Well I still have that problem. But now my mirrors fold!
The settings for the mirror fold are found in the convenience submenus accessed the the steering wheel controls.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:32 AM

NSX
OK thanks... it would help if the dealer had given me owners manuals to the car...
Old 03-22-2005, 10:16 PM

NSX
For informational purposes.... the fold in mirrors seems to be a 2003 and up feature. It is NOT in the submenus of my 02. This feature, from what I was told by the mechanic, does not exist on my car. I have it now however, because there was a problem with the window in the door, and they replaced the module, harness, motors, and software updates on my car with the newest parts. So now my mirrors fold in upon lock, but it is not something I can control by a menu. The only way to turn it off is by a physical switch on the module.

Anyway, I am happy because its a nice feature.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:00 AM

SL500 2003 previous/ E350 2007 actually
I really want that my SL has it too but only in europe they have it