CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

do you fill out the service surveys?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NSX
do you fill out the service surveys?

I had a problem with my car's radio. I took it in, and the dealer replaced it. When I got it back, the center console wood panel was all scratched up. I went back and *****ed, they ordered a new one. It took like 2 months... finaly it comes in and they replace it. When I get the car back, it does not match the rest of the wood... my cupholder's leather is now torn, and the replacement panel has a crack at the top. I went back again, they ordered another one. That took another month and a half. When I got it back yesterday, they forgot to plug in my distronic buttons and now they don't light up or work. So I have to go back again.

Meanwhile they had my car for about a month for this and also about 3 other issues... while there, my service agent was very apologetic and said he would like to make things up to me because they screwed me so bad, including a time I sat alone in my car on a freezing night with no heater for 3.5 hours on the side of the highway because I ran out of gas... turns out they messed with the ECU and "forgot" to program my gas guage which still showed half full when it died on me.

For this favor, I asked them to mount a set of PS2's on my renntech wheels and mount them for me. Not a huge favor in my opinion for freezing on a cold night and barely being able to work the next day.

Friday the service advisor called and said that they are charging me for 21 days of use of their C class loaner because they could have had the other work done "in a few days" and that what held it all up was my wheels (they told me I had the wrong bolts and I had to order new ones twice, as they kept giving me wrong sizes to get... this cost me $300 and now I have 3 sets of lugs, all of which seem wrong).

I got upset and said "what are you going to do if I don't pay for the rental?" and he said "then I will get fired". I said "tell the manager to wait for me, I am coming to see him". When I got there he had a family emergency and could not see me. I took my car, with the unplugged dash buttons and all, and am going to just go take my wheels back and take it to a competent tire shop to have them mounted.

So needless to say, this service has been less than stellar, they also put somewhere between 2-300 miles on my car on one occasion without telling me... all for a "test drive" to "make sure" my car was OK.

Now... I actually like my service advisor despite his lack of competence... he seems to try hard... but his and the dealers work is herrendous. He tells me that if I give him a bad report card, he will lose a lot of pay and nothing will happen to the manager (who I blame the most). This same story was told to me by my sales guy, as he also apologized but really screwed up many things including losing all my manuals, my keyless go card, my floormats, and then taking two months to mail me a keyless go card... unprogrammed...

I didn't want to screw the guy, so I didn't fill out the report card. But I have had it.... is it standard MB policy to screw the low guy on the totem pole with these report cards? do you guys fill them out? They even handed me "samplers" of these report cards saying they should all be marked "excellent" and not just "very good". They showed me one and said "fill it out like this". I am not joking....

I am about to write MB a looooong letter.

Last edited by AMG2GO; 10-19-2005 at 11:50 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1967 Morris Cooper "S", 1983 911SC, 1997 Toyota Tacoma, 1999 HD FXSTB, 1998 C43
Wtf?

I wouldn't 'fudge' a card for them a$$holes..that service is down right *****ty from what you are describing.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:06 AM

'06 M5
Originally Posted by AMG2GO
I had a problem with my car's radio. I took it in, and the dealer replaced it. When I got it back, the center console wood panel was all scratched up. I went back and *****ed, they ordered a new one. It took like 2 months... finaly it comes in and they replace it. When I get the car back, it does not match the rest of the wood... my cupholder's leather is now torn, and the replacement panel has a crack at the top. I went back again, they ordered another one. That took another month and a half. When I got it back yesterday, they forgot to plug in my distronic buttons and now they don't light up or work. So I have to go back again.

Meanwhile they had my car for about a month for this and also about 3 other issues... while there, my service agent was very apologetic and said he would like to make things up to me because they screwed me so bad, including a time I sat alone in my car on a freezing night with no heater for 3.5 hours on the side of the highway because I ran out of gas... turns out they messed with the ECU and "forgot" to program my gas guage which still showed half full when it died on me.

For this favor, I asked them to mount a set of PS2's on my renntech wheels and mount them for me. Not a huge favor in my opinion for freezing on a cold night and barely being able to work the next day.

Friday the service advisor called and said that they are charging me for 21 days of use of their C class loaner because they could have had the other work done "in a few days" and that what held it all up was my wheels (they told me I had the wrong bolts and I had to order new ones twice, as they kept giving me wrong sizes to get... this cost me $300 and now I have 3 sets of lugs, all of which seem wrong).

I got upset and said "what are you going to do if I don't pay for the rental?" and he said "then I will get fired". I said "tell the manager to wait for me, I am coming to see him". When I got there he had a family emergency and could not see me. I took my car, with the unplugged dash buttons and all, and am going to just go take my wheels back and take it to a competent tire shop to have them mounted.

So needless to say, this service has been less than stellar, they also put somewhere between 2-300 miles on my car on one occasion without telling me... all for a "test drive" to "make sure" my car was OK.

Now... I actually like my service advisor despite his lack of competence... he seems to try hard... but his and the dealers work is herrendous. He tells me that if I give him a bad report card, he will lose a lot of pay and nothing will happen to the manager (who I blame the most). This same story was told to me by my sales guy, as he also apologized but really screwed up many things including losing all my manuals, my keyless go card, my floormats, and then taking two months to mail me a keyless go card... unprogrammed...

I didn't want to screw the guy, so I didn't fill out the report card. But I have had it.... is it standard MB policy to screw the low guy on the totem pole with these report cards? do you guys fill them out? They even handed me "samplers" of these report cards saying they should all be marked "excellent" and not just "very good". They showed me one and said "fill it out like this". I am not joking....

I am about to write MB a looooong letter.
Do not blindly fill in the survey with "excellent". You should really spend the time to provide feedback regarding what terrible service you received.

In addition to the survey, you could also try writing an email to Paul Halata and see where that goes (I doubt you will get any response, but you never know).

Take care,

Darren
Old 10-20-2005, 04:36 PM

NSX
Who is Paul Halata?
Old 10-20-2005, 05:25 PM

'06 M5
Originally Posted by AMG2GO
Who is Paul Halata?
He's President of MB USA.

Cheers,

Darren
Old 10-20-2005, 05:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2007 CL600
You listed a heck of a lot of problems on you car. The only way they can improve is if you give feedback. My guy called me a few days before the survey arrived to give me a heads up.

Although he was responsive when I was at the delaership, the problems on my SL600 were not solved. My survey will reflect his performance. I will grade him well for personality, but fail him on the overall performance. I'm tied of wasting my time at the dealer for the same and being shoved into a C class when I need something larger with navigation. We pay a *****load of money for these cars and get continue to get neglected by the delaer.

Your survery should reflect the dealer's result.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:59 PM

NSX
I have never seen salespeople and service advisors cry so much over a survey and be so afraid of a bad report... I guess thats good. And I am a nice guy and very patient, last thing I want to do is screw anyone out of their paycheck. But I have had it. They brought this onto themselves. I just posted to see what percentage of people here actually fill out the surveys. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:00 PM

NSX
Originally Posted by darren_dallas
He's President of MB USA.

Cheers,

Darren
I don't suppose you know how to get his contact info...
Old 10-20-2005, 08:02 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
E550
They cry about those service surveys, because those account for a big portion of their salary(or at least around here it does), and they get paid a heck of alot more for excelent than poor.