CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Farewell guys!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 11:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VIPER
Hey I just stumbled upon this one and I really cant believe it!! I am glad that someone that will appreciate and care for the car picked it up (the last thing you want to do is turn the corner and see it sitting on 22" spinners with a fishtank in the trunk, lol)

I know we communicated previously about the 04+ 600 sorry that didnt work out. There is one at Habberstad BMW in silver right now, they are a great dealer to work with so do search and give them a call!
Old 04-26-2006, 12:39 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
NSX! nice choice goodluck with it. Thanks again for all the business!
Old 04-28-2006, 12:30 AM

NSX
Originally Posted by apdesign
AMG2GO,

Good choice. Damn it... you got me start looking at NSX now. I just can't believe that they do keep their value better than Mercedes...that's pretty sad. Well come back sometime and check out the resurrection of my CL from that huge accident soon. Still in the shop.
Its not even close... A newer CL600 can lose 10-20K a year easy. I don't know why... its certainly a fine car. But it just tanks. Right next to it but slightly better is the Maserati coupe... again a fine car, but it too tanks, just look on ebay. Aston Martin, another great mark, right there with them.

The best by far, is the Acura NSX. The early 1990's models now have almost ZERO deprecation. A brand new one driven for a year off the lot with 5 or so K miles will demand only about 4K less than a brand new one. Imagine what a new CL600/55 will lose from new when driven for a year.

I guess thats the difference between a car that only sold 200 a year and one that was just way overproduced and sits in dealer's lots.

Second best (and its a distant second) is the Porsche 911. It seems fairly solid. Once they get to a certain point they level off.

For its price Ferrari is excellent as well... but Ferrari will kill you with maintenance... and if you go over 10K, no one wants to buy it anymore.

I like having a nice car, but I don't like getting screwed. Not being sure what I would do in a year or two, I went with the safest bet. And I tell you, it is one FUN car. Yeah its a little ricey... yes, some of the older ones are picked up by the fast and furious crowd. Not as mature a car as a CL.

But you will forget all that the second you get into a 3000 pound all aluminum body and rev the engine to 8000 RPM's and see what a great job Ayrton Senna did tuning the chassis for Honda.

Anyway, I am sure you have a few things up your sleeve and when that CL comes out of the shop its not going to be what it was.

Last edited by AMG2GO; 04-28-2006 at 12:34 AM.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:36 AM

NSX
Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Hey I just stumbled upon this one and I really cant believe it!! I am glad that someone that will appreciate and care for the car picked it up (the last thing you want to do is turn the corner and see it sitting on 22" spinners with a fishtank in the trunk, lol)
I don't know man last I talked to Lexlyf he mentioned something about guppies...
Old 04-28-2006, 12:37 AM

NSX
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
I really can't wait.
The NSX is one of those dream cars that can never come true for me.
I don't have the cash for one now, and when I do, it won't have the same appeal or allure it has now
Fly to Boston and I will let you take mine for a spin.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by AMG2GO
I don't know man last I talked to Lexlyf he mentioned something about guppies...
LMFAO!

No guppies or any aquatic features. No worries...for now "mu-hoohoohoo-hahaha, <louder> mu-hoohoohooo-hahaha, <even louder w/ head pitched back & eyes closed> MU-HOOHOOHOO-HAHAHA!"

OK, gotta stop. My head is dizzy!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:47 AM

S550, SL55, Porsche cup, Porsche GT3 RSR
Nsx

Congratulations on the NSX, I'm on my 3rd one along with my clk430, i was just browsing the CL forums thinking of upgrading my 2000 clk430 and noticed your thread. I've had 3 nsx's now, I keep going back to NSX's simply because they handle like nothing else i have driven. My current one has a custom intercooled s/c making ~430 whp, my motor is also completely built with darton sleeving and low comp forged pistons, one of 3 OBD II to OBD I throttle cable conversions. Just wanted to say hello and let you know if you ever need anything my username on nsxprime is ktan. btw, did you have many probelms with the 600? what year was it?

Last edited by klttan; 05-05-2006 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

VIPER

LOL man you guys are too much! Go ahead and have you sporty fun with the NSX, something tells me you'll be back soon! lol
Old 05-05-2006, 11:21 AM

'03-ML350 'inspiration'
Guys, its been a real pleasure being on this board with you all. But I am sad to say that I will not be around as much, as I have sold my beautiful CL600.

Its going to a good home, Marken S. AKA "Lexlyf" on this board has bought my car. He is travelling to Boston from Maryland tomorrow A.M., I am picking him up from the airport and he is leaving in what was, my baby.

I came here a bit green a little over a year ago, and thanks to the knowledge of many people here I made many mods to my CL and solved many problems.
I also tried to contribute as much as I could, in one year this will be Post #901 for me.

I absolutely adored my CL. I must say Lexlyf is lucky to get this car, because it has been very well cared for. I am sitting here tonight a bit sad... as I washed it for the last time today I was still noticing little details like the "hook" on the back of the trunkmat clip that holds the floor up, and the floor vents underneath the seats for the rear passengers... this car never ceased to amaze me. I truly think it is one of the best engineered cars in the world. You just won't know how good it is until you own one. I actually have a few people upset at me... "what posessed you to sell that car?"

A special thanks to Adam Winer for helping me with my very first newby questions, many thanks to Linh (CLK&SLK) for helping me with many mods, and thanks to Neal at Euroteckmotorsports for the great deals on gear. Can't forget Ricky Agrawal for his omnipresence on this forum... I am not even sure the guy owns an MB... yet really has been a helpful person on this forum.

I will poke around here once in a while and see whats going on and still try to answer some questions. But if Lexlyf ever decides to sell this car guys, its a good one to get (at least it was til it fell into his grubby hands!). :P

I sold my car hoping to get into another CL600. An 05 TT. But that deal fell through and after much test driving and soul searching I went back to the land of the rising sun. Yes, its true, I did. I sure will miss Mr.12. Maybe soon you will see me back on this board with the new CL.

Take care guys, and again, thanks for everything,
Dave
....As seasons change...I find myself easily yield to being emotional....Things and/or people exist our lives that we share our sentiment...we appreciate and care for.....Letting it go, sometimes, can be...difficult.
Just my reflection when reading this.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Just stumbled upon this searching for another thread. It certainly is easy to get attached to car. It becomes a member of the family, and it truly is hard to see it go. Glad to see that it went into good hands.

Congrats on the NSX!
Old 05-08-2006, 08:06 PM

NSX
Originally Posted by klttan
Congratulations on the NSX, I'm on my 3rd one along with my clk430, i was just browsing the CL forums thinking of upgrading my 2000 clk430 and noticed your thread. I've had 3 nsx's now, I keep going back to NSX's simply because they handle like nothing else i have driven. My current one has a custom intercooled s/c making ~430 whp, my motor is also completely built with darton sleeving and low comp forged pistons, one of 3 OBD II to OBD I throttle cable conversions. Just wanted to say hello and let you know if you ever need anything my username on nsxprime is ktan. btw, did you have many probelms with the 600? what year was it?
Cool! nice to know someone on NSXprime. Man that is one active site. I will have to check out your car.

The 600 was not too bad... some electrical issues here and there... of course all were very expensive but covered under warranty. I am glad Lexlyf has that CPO warranty.

Seems like the car was in a lot... but thats because most of the time it took the dealer 3-4 tries to fix something right. It was a 2002. The cleanest most highly optioned one around!
Old 05-08-2006, 08:12 PM

NSX
Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
LOL man you guys are too much! Go ahead and have you sporty fun with the NSX, something tells me you'll be back soon! lol
I tell you I loved the CL. That car was such a luxury missile. Its the car I want to drive everyday. The NSX a Ferrari or a 997 is a car I want to drive for a short drive only. Of course that WAS the function of my CL. I hardly drove the thing. So I opted for something more fun on short/weekend drives.

I never felt safer on the road than when I was cocooned in my CL600.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:18 PM

06 CLS55
Good Choice

I love the nsx have always wanted one. I have my eyes on the HSC, I want a 2 seater again. People always want me to drive. My wife and I have made the decision that when we get a 3rd vehicle it would be a 2 seater and the NSX is at the top of my choice!!

Enjoy the car, my brother in law has one and he takes it to the track for time trials its a great toy to have.

CLOS