CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Wood kit for CL65

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wood kit for CL65

Greetings,

I'm looking at purchasing an '05 CL65 AMG. I'm not crazy about the wood trim color, it's almost orange. I've searched Google and found several aftermarket wood kit suppliers, but none that I've found have a kit for the CL65. I called the dealer, and they have to order each piece individually. Not only is it *much* more expensive than the aftermarket, they can't guarantee that the pieces will match since it's not a matched kit. The 'wood' to me appears to be an acrylic/composite material and doubt if it could be refinished. Any help is appreciated. Also, the sale price is $110K w/ 11K miles and is flawless. From what I've researched on KBB & NADA, it looks like a great deal?

Thanks and looking forward to hanging out here...

--dave
Old 06-20-2006, 11:38 AM

2012 Diavel
The wood is real. Drive it for a while before looking to change it. The price you're paying is right on. I'm waiting for a <100K w/low miles before deciding to switch. The price drops on miles and time to warranty end (4 years). Post some pictures when you get it.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:18 AM

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupé
You can order any wood trim available for a CL including designo curly maple (my favorite) on a special order basis for this or any AMG vehicle.

If your dealer says it can't be done start talking to Germany. It can be done and will only add a couple more grand to the price.