CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Please help Key Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help Key Problem

Just got my 03 CL55 and i love it.
The only problem is that the car won't lock with the keys. It does have keyless go but i do not have a card just key fobs. The key will work to start the car but won't lock it. Please help anyone. Don't want to leave it on the street unlocked tonight.

thank you
Mark
Old 05-04-2007, 11:15 PM

Received 30 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Rolls Royce Wraith, 1999 CLK Cabriolet, 2023 Genesis G90
Originally Posted by mcher231
Just got my 03 CL55 and i love it.
The only problem is that the car won't lock with the keys. It does have keyless go but i do not have a card just key fobs. The key will work to start the car but won't lock it. Please help anyone. Don't want to leave it on the street unlocked tonight.

thank you
Mark
Hello, Mark:

I had an 03 S430 with Keyless Go and in the key itself, there was a sliding metal key that fit into the keyhole on the driver's door. You might want to lock all the doors with the button inside the car and then lock the driver's door with that slide-out key. Then, you will have to go the the dealer to get key cards as well as see if your keys are being read properly. I'd also check the battery inside the keys. If they haven't been changed in three or four years, the signal might be too weak to register. Good luck.