CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Bdkf1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CL 65
Bdkf1

Last month, one of our fellow MBWorld members decided to make a number of disparaging comments on this forum about BDKF1 (**********). As the proud new owner of his 2005 CL65 (black/black with 4900 miles), I feel obligated to set the record straight on the car and the manner with which BDKF1 performed during our transaction. The car is in excellent condition and was delivered exactly as described by BDKF1 during our phone and email exchange. He did everything he said he was going to do. In fact, the car was purchased site unseen and shipped over 900 miles as a result of the comfort level with each other that we developed throughout the transaction.

Granted, there are a few minor blemishes, but it’s a USED CAR and that can be expected. And it's about a hundred grand less than sticker! Some accommodations can be made for that much money. The car was given a clean bill of health by the Mercedes dealer. There is no smell, no wheel vibration or other short-falls that have been posted about the car. I have driven the car at over 100 MPH with zero vibrations. Is there a feel in the wheel at high speeds? Sure, it’s feedback from the road. Every car I have owned with low-profile directional tires have behaved in this fashion, particularly tires this big. Just to be safe, I asked my best friend who owns a CL55 to drive the car. He came to the exact same conclusion as his car responds the same. Perhaps the person responsible for the previous posts is just not accustomed to driving cars like this? They are touchy, twitchy and require a lot of maintenance, innocuous things like pavement breaks, approaching a curb just a little too fast, etc. can move rims and alignments out of tolerance. With cars like this, you pay to play, and you pay big bucks.

I couldn’t be happier with the car or the manner with which BDKF1 handled his end of the transaction. The car is a fine piece of machinery and a work of art.

Those who resort to calling people names (Twatwaffle, I think it was) do not have the sophistication to drive a car of this caliber. Of course, my first clue was the fact that they tried to pay for the car with cash and a bank check. Have you ever heard of a wire transfer? I would have told you to take a hike too. Same for buying a Rolex, or any other high end luxury item, which you may not have any experience in....

Come to think of it, why have I and others on the forum paid so much attention to someone who doesn’t even own a Mercedes, is "still looking" and based upon his “standards” never will? Why should they have a bully pulpit to denigrate others, slander reputations, malign others property without any due recourse or culpability, all based on "free speech" Your rights end where mine begin, working *********** you say you do, you should know this.

In closing, I have to thank Miami Dave for not buying the car….as a result of his poor judgment, and rash decisions concerning the car, I was able get it and paid less ! And by the way Dave, they still sell new cars that are "perfect", why not go buy one ?

https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-cl65-amg-cl63-amg-c215-c216/207818-cl65-rebuttal.html

EDIT

Post modified to delete personal information posted without prior permissions.

Amdeutsch

Last edited by onefastamg; 09-19-2007 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Revisions
Old 09-19-2007, 08:24 AM
Almost a Member!

2004 CL55 AMG
good luck with your car!
Old 09-19-2007, 08:29 AM

2004 CL 55 (My baby !) 2005 CL 65 (My bad boy!)
Owning a CL55, I agree with all the comments stated by this person about vehicle performance.

This post should be a lesson for everyone. But I especially admire the clarification about some members uses of this forum, as I have had the same feelings and experiences here. I don't think everyone realizes that free speech on the internet is not a protection from slander or defamation. I truly believe 99% of the people here are avid, knowledgeable enthusiasts, many of which have been of great assistance to me in the technical help, care and understanding of my AMG, what a special car it is and the privilege of owning it. But some use a position of casual anonymity to take cheap shots at other owners, vendors, dealers, etc. I applaud this rebuttal to a situation that obviously had two sides !

Thanks, Keith
Old 09-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Almost a Member!

Still looking...
You guys can applaud whomever you want-the car was/is in great condition as said prieviously, over and over. I am not going to sum up this whole affair again, b/c I was over this a LONG time ago.

And if anyone is looking for an apology for the word "TW" I'll take it back.
I thought it was more funny than insulting.

Anyone who wants to continue this topic offline, you can PM me.
Other than that, congratulations, and enjoy your car to the fullest.

Last edited by MiamiDave; 09-20-2007 at 09:28 AM.