CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Bluetooth question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:19 PM

Received 30 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Rolls Royce Wraith, 1999 CLK Cabriolet, 2023 Genesis G90
Bluetooth question

Hello, everyone:

This is a more concise mirror post to the one I put in the Audio section of the forum, as I thought perhaps here I would get a larger number of viewers to help. I have been learning to use some of the electronics on the CL 63 that has a Bluetooth puck. My Motorola V557 has been paired up with the car and it works fine for making and receiving calls, but I find that when it rings, it rings differently than when it's not using BT. I normally have one ring tone for family and another for general calls. The phone uses neither when connected to the car with Bluetooth. I have tried using the phone's setting menu to no avail. As it stands, unlike in the truck in which I hear the ring through the speakers, in the CL it's the phone and not the car that rings when a call comes in, and I can hear the call waiting tone, but can't access the second call, nor see it register on the COMAND screen. Since I wasn't given an instruction booklet for the BT puck, I'm at a bit of a loss. Does anyone know if this is all that I can expect, or do I just have some wrong setting? (Thanks to Skylaw for his help thus far.)
Old 10-20-2007, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 SL63
I have a Motorola V3i using the bluetooth module in my CL63. It has what I would call "ideosyncracies". The speaker in the car carries the ring in some cases and not in others.

I think, however, that it is mostly my unschooled useage which is causing the weirdness.

Forget about the bluetooth instructions. There is almost no operating information there....only how to install the puck and get it started.

Mark