CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Update MHP ECU/TCU Tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 06:08 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Update MHP ECU/TCU Tuning

We are less than a week away from official objective test results (dyno/track/video) from our ECU/TCU tuning for 63/65 AMGs. We've finalized our calibrations, and standard package pricing so I figured it was time to post an update. First since a good number of potential customers have been asking, YES we can and have enabled rev matched/throttle blipped downshifts in both 7 and 5 speed vehicles.
We have decided to only offer complete driveline tuning for 63 variants (both ECU and TCU) we will not be selling ECU/TCU tunes seperately as we originally planned. This is due to the fact that every ECU/TCU combo we tune is custom flashed for the vehicle in question (mods included) to work in perfect harmony. We will however tune a TCM from a AMG 55/65 and 600s only if you are running a stock ECU. Please contact us for pricing.
What advantages will you see with our driveline tuning vs. stock or even other aftermarket ECU only tunes? We can make more power than other tuners, without hurting the driveline, because the two control units are working together, not against each other. Additionally, we don't want to run someone else's ECU tune with our TCU tune because the results won't be optimal and we won't put our name on anything but the best. Our customers can expect consistant shifts (all gears including 1-2), raised or stock shift points, rev matched downshifts/no load throttle blipping, extra stall speed, reduced or eliminated launch/shift torque management (your choice), quicker/firmer shifts (you choose the level from 1-10), significantly reduced adaptive learning, substantially quicker downshifts, finely tuned A/F and timing tables (including both part throttle and WOT) and razor sharp throttle response. We marry the driveline components so they work together, as they should have from the factory. There is simply no comparison to a stock tune equipped vehicle, the difference in performance and all around drivability is simply enormous.
Stage II tuning entails even more comprehensive modification for an additional fee. Please call, PM, or email for more details pertaining to your specific application.

Here's how stage I pricing will breakdown for the different models:

C63: $5000.00, Full Stage I (+Filters, Thermalnators): $5250 shipped.

E/CLS/CLK63 (inc. BS): $6000.00, Full Stage I (+Filters, Thermalnators): $6250 shipped.

S/SL/CL65: $7500.00, Full Stage I (+Filters, Thermalnators): $7750.00 shipped.

E/SL/S/CLS55: $6000.00, Full Stage I (+Filters, Thermalnators): $6250.00 shipped.

600s: $6000.00, Full Stage I (+Filters, Thermalnators): $6250.00 shipped.

We have an incredible amount of R&D time in our tuning, and the results will speak for themselves LOUD and CLEAR. Please sit back and form your own opinion of our products as the results roll in. Again as I've said prior, we think that 90% of our stage I customers will not need any further modification to their vehicles, they will be more than happy with just driveline tuning.

Thanks and please feel free to contact me with any questions, concerns, and/or comments.

Finally we may offer a one time Group Purchase for a select number of each model variant we currently tune for. Maybe 3-5 of each. Price will be $500 under list for all tunes. I'll start taking names next week after we have some data.

Andrew Cluck
Modern Horsepower LLC
614 940 9523
andrew@modernhorsepower.com

Last edited by MHP; 09-13-2008 at 04:03 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:41 AM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Revised GP and stage I pricing now up.