CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Custom exhaust Question?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 s600
Custom exhaust Question?

Hi Guys,
I have a CL55 non-supercharged and I want some more GROWL out of the exhaust. I am thinking about deleting the mufflers and resonators and just doing straight pipes after the catalytic converters. Is this possible and will I throw any codes or lights to come on? I want the loudest possible sound without throwing any codes or light. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks
Old 02-06-2009, 03:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E90 N54 & W251
Originally Posted by twinz
Hi Guys,
I have a CL55 non-supercharged and I want some more GROWL out of the exhaust. I am thinking about deleting the mufflers and resonators and just doing straight pipes after the catalytic converters. Is this possible and will I throw any codes or lights to come on? I want the loudest possible sound without throwing any codes or light. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

As long as the catalytic converters and pre/post cat O2 sensors are still in place, everything you do beyond that point should not trigger a CEL. Unbolt the pipe after the post cat O2 sensors and start the car to give you an idea of how it'll sound with a straight setup. Do a search on "resonator delete" and find some video clips of how it sounds before you make any changes. You might prefer just getting an aftermarket exhaust depending on the sound you're after.