CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

TURBO SOUND

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2009 | 01:42 PM

CL65
TURBO SOUND

Hey fellows,

I just bought an 05 CL65 with 20K miles, 1 owner, California car. Amazing car...I used to race Mustangs and wanted a streetable turbo engine car, I've always wanted a CL and figured why not have a turbo CL. I've had the car for less than a week now, but I am very curious and very new to the MBenz mods family, this question may sound dum but I wanted to ask, is there anyway of making the turbos louder without having to upgrade? Is there a silencer that can be removed? Any ideas, suggestions, feedback is much appreciated!!!
Old 04-15-2009 | 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Nickt
Hey fellows,

I just bought an 05 CL65 with 20K miles, 1 owner, California car. Amazing car...I used to race Mustangs and wanted a streetable turbo engine car, I've always wanted a CL and figured why not have a turbo CL. I've had the car for less than a week now, but I am very curious and very new to the MBenz mods family, this question may sound dum but I wanted to ask, is there anyway of making the turbos louder without having to upgrade? Is there a silencer that can be removed? Any ideas, suggestions, feedback is much appreciated!!!
Welcome...you might want to consider the VRP scorpion intakes. This will add power and you might hear the turbo spool a bit louder. Click sig and see different videos under you tube. I have VRP intakes and it is definitely a loud Swishhhh!!! LOL..
Old 04-15-2009 | 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Nickt
Hey fellows,

Welcome!!! There is a ton of sound deadening material between the firewall and the cabin and even the hood is lined with sound deadening material. You could take all that stuff out and see if it makes a difference. Other than that, you would probably have to do an intake or exhaust modification to better hear the turbos spool.

Tom
Old 04-15-2009 | 02:46 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Welcome!!! There is a ton of sound deadening material between the firewall and the cabin and even the hood is lined with sound deadening material. You could take all that stuff out and see if it makes a difference. Other than that, you would probably have to do an intake or exhaust modification to better hear the turbos spool.

Tom
VERY COOL GUYS!!! I will look into VRP intakes, how about exhaust? Again, I was a mustang guy use to flowmasters or just running open header at the track....I have seen some different exhaust systems but I really want something that will confirm the 600 horsepower under the hood without it being obnoxiously loud while cruising....

With swapping intakes, is this a simple bolt on, would I have to add/remove/modify something else?

Thanks guys!!
Old 04-15-2009 | 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
I LOVE Godspeed's sound on the first burnout of his youtube vid.

Turbs sound awesome!