CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

2003 CL55 start up issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cl55
2003 CL55 start up issue

It is not the battery because that has been replaced. When I use the key to unlock the doors or press the panic button it does nothing, but the seat controls and buttons inside the car work. When the key is inserted it does not turn on accessories and the key does not turn at all. I have checked most of the fuses and everything seems fine, but the car won't start. The push to start button doesn't work and the batteries have been changed in the key. I did notice a message once which said "does not recognize chip card", but it doesn't show all the time.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:48 PM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
I would re-check the battery. The symptoms sound similar to what I experienced with my 2004 CL55. I hadn't driven it for a while, and when I went to try to unlock the car (keyless go) nothing happened when I tried to open the doors. Next tried to open the electric trunk, nothing happened. When I used the metal key to open the door, I found that after I inserted the key in the ignition, it would not turn.

Solution - called Mercedes and the roadside service tech came and replaced the battery under warranty. All problems were solved with the battery replacement.

Hope that helps.

JDB
Old 09-30-2009, 01:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pinto
Originally Posted by smtkanaly
It is not the battery because that has been replaced. When I use the key to unlock the doors or press the panic button it does nothing, but the seat controls and buttons inside the car work. When the key is inserted it does not turn on accessories and the key does not turn at all. I have checked most of the fuses and everything seems fine, but the car won't start. The push to start button doesn't work and the batteries have been changed in the key. I did notice a message once which said "does not recognize chip card", but it doesn't show all the time.

when? elaborate replaced...you might have a large drain in the system if the battery just replace..maybe within 5 days?

or battery itself is bad...

like the 2nd post say...recheck everything..you could miss..

find someone with a battery tester/ volt meter..and do a battery test, current draw test..and charging test..

good luck
Old 09-30-2009, 11:58 AM

cl55
The car fired up fine a month ago then 3 weeks later it wouldn't start. The battery was then charged and it still wouldn't work. A new battery was installed and the same problem still exists.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pinto
bring it to the dealer..maybe the whole system need a reset...
Old 09-30-2009, 01:50 PM

cl55
Are you referring to the computer being reset to fix the problem? The car is in a driveway that a tow truck can't go in.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:10 PM

cl55
The #78 fuse keeps blowing and is associated with the steering wheel heating, steering column module, windscreen wipers, adjustable steering column, anti-theft alarm system, engine management unit. Is there a fix for this?