CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

New Purchase- Tips, Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cl55 amg
New Purchase- Tips, Advice

Hello,

New to this forum and new owner of 2002 cl mercedes amg w/ 70,000 miles. Excited about new car. Never owned a luxury vehicle. Not only am I nervous about driving, but nervous about care of vehicle. I am having the most difficult time trying to find a reliable after market extended warranty. Had the car a couple of weeks. Any help/advice will surely calm my nerves... lol.

Not rolling in the dough by any means... so advice on what is the "absoblute need to know "about this car would be greatly appreciated. I have read numerous forums/articles to become educated about vehicle.

Will I be trading this vehicle in a year?

Last edited by Campbell Family; 04-05-2010 at 01:18 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-05-2010, 04:02 PM

2003 CL55
My advice is to get the best warranty you can find. In my experience it is well worth the money and it will keep your car in great shape without having to worry about what going to break next and how much is it going to cost this time. I went with Chrysler Service Contracts (Max Care Plan) and would recommend them. They have been great! If I did not have the warranty the car would have gone on the chopping block after the first 3 months. Not sure if they still sell the warranties for the older CL cars but you can give them a call and they can let you know for sure.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:34 PM

E 350
I have a CL.. look into Easycare... they provide a great warranty accepted at MB dealers.. I purchased mine from a dealer in Atlanta.. "Atlanta Classic Cars" in Duluth.