CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Rear ended by a utility truck need repair advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL 65/LX470
Rear ended by a utility truck need repair advice

Our CL65 was hit by a utility truck in a high speed collision. The vehicle did its job by protecting my wife but now it needs some serious body repair. It was towed to a State Farm authorized center that was close. They told state farm that it can be repaired but there are only 2 authorized repair centers one in Atlanta and another in Charlotte.

Does anyone have any info on this? The trunk was carbon fiber but is AMG repair restricted? I definitely want this done right by someone that knows their business but I had never heard of anything like this.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1987 Buick GNX,SL65 Black, 1987 Buick Turbo Limited, 2010 GT500
omg

i think this leaves a possible 140 or less around now...sad

just ship it to the right place to be fixed
Old 06-08-2010, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yugos only
Originally Posted by GoodBeach
Our CL65 was hit by a utility truck in a high speed collision. The vehicle did its job by protecting my wife but now it needs some serious body repair. It was towed to a State Farm authorized center that was close. They told state farm that it can be repaired but there are only 2 authorized repair centers one in Atlanta and another in Charlotte.

Does anyone have any info on this? The trunk was carbon fiber but is AMG repair restricted? I definitely want this done right by someone that knows their business but I had never heard of anything like this.
Take it to the best shop you can that does category 1 body work (not distinguishable from new.)

After the repair is completed, make sure that the company that hit you pays for the DIMINISHED VALUE of the car. Do not raise this as an issue with your insurance company or they may drop you. You may have to hire an attorney to collect this from the at fault party, but if the DM of the car is $15k the $5k fee is worth it.

Otherwise you can take the DM of the car as a casualty loss on your Fed income tax.

Glad your wife is OK!