CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

07 CLS 63 AMG 19k Miles 33k SCAM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dreaming of a CLS
07 CLS 63 AMG 19k Miles 33k SCAM

Saw this on autotrader last night and I"m pretty sure its a scam. Claims he needs to pay his mortgage ASAP and needs to get rid of the car. The guy sent me more pics of his car from his photobucket account, then sent me the carfax and it looked clean.

So, I talked to him over the phone and he sounds a little nervous to me and then he was like he could ship me the car so I can test drive and inspect and if after 5 days I dont it want it, just ship it back and I dont come out of pocket. He would use ebay as a third party to hold the funds for the car until after I inspect 5 days and then he would get paid or I would get reimburse. BIG SCAM!

Here's the link: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...er_id=65394825

Last edited by soulcontroller; 06-23-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
Originally Posted by soulcontroller
Saw this on autotrader last night and I"m pretty sure its a scam. Claims he needs to pay his mortgage ASAP and needs to get rid of the car. The guy sent me more pics of his car from his photobucket account, then sent me the carfax and it looked clean.

So, I talked to him over the phone and he sounds a little nervous to me and then he was like he could ship me the car so I can test drive and inspect and if after 5 days I dont it want it, just ship it back and I dont come out of pocket. He would use ebay as a third party to hold the funds for the car until after I inspect 5 days and then he would get paid or I would get reimburse. BIG SCAM!

Here's the link: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...er_id=65394825
I'd be nervious shipping to a stranger for a test drive or?
I suggest you go to the car and do the test drive. Make sure you get the terms of the sale and condition of car in writing. If later you find problems that the inspection did not discover, you have a chance to recover.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:39 PM

Dreaming of a CLS
I told him that I would fly in and take the car for a test drive and when he would be available. He sounded evasive and kept saying the car might be sold by then and just call him before I book my flight to come test drive the car. I told him to send me his location address we can meet up to test drive the car, but he has yet to respond. Plus, its Thursday and I was planning to come view the car Saturday. I believe there is no car to begin with since he kept pushing to ship the car.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:12 PM

CL65 AMG
it's a scam - been going around eBay, cars.com, etc for months - there is no eBay escrow, period.

"if its too good to be true - it probably is.."
Old 06-24-2010, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
besides, think about it: an 07 CLS63 with 19k for 33k? Even IF it was for a quick sale, seller could get a bit more than that.