CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Service Cantract / extended warranty

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 E250 Bluetec 2002 CL55, 2000 430CLK Cab
Don;t think it's a scam

I had a similar experience when I purchased my contract in November of 2009 on my CL55. I got the receipt immediately and received the actual contract with all the details from Chrysler a little over 3 weeks after that.

You need to remember that this is a 30 day exclusion from signing on any repairs from Chrysler as was explained by Michael to me when I bought........what did I do well.........I waited until January and the first visit to the dealer found over $5K in repairs which Chrysler paid the dealer for the work performed.

I don;t work for Chrysler but I certainly got a good return to date on my $2800 warranty and still have over 2 years with unlimited mileage remaining.

If your experience is anything like mine you will be happy with the way Chrysler settles claims.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL65 AMG
appreciate the input - just waiting for the "hard copy"
Old 08-03-2010, 10:26 AM
R04

MKIV
Any update on this?
Old 08-03-2010, 11:36 AM

2005 cl55 eurocharged flash
i just receive a hard copy of the Chrysler service contract/ extended warranty yesterday in the mail. it came in 1 month after i sign my contract and promise by my agent that it would come in about 3 to 4 week.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:27 PM

'14 E350, '03 H-D FXDL
I received my hard copy last week; 1 month after purchasing the CSC contract for my SL. All the terms and conditions were as expected.

FWIW, there's nothing in my contract language requiring a 30-day or 1000 mile "waiting period" before filing a claim with CSC. If there was a 30-day waiting period, then the warranty period would also need to start 30 days later.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:50 AM

'14 E350, '03 H-D FXDL
Originally Posted by paul65k
...I waited until January and the first visit to the dealer found over $5K in repairs which Chrysler paid the dealer for the work performed.
If your experience is anything like mine you will be happy with the way Chrysler settles claims.
paul65k,
I would like to know a few more details regarding your experiences with CSC; there's quite a lot of mis-information versus facts about this ext warranty program:
Just to re-confirm your comments above: CSC paid the MB dealer directly versus reimbursing you for the repair expense? That's great to hear.
Was your MB service shop already familiar with CSC?
Did they express any opinions about CSC's warranty coverage/payment history, etc?
Also, did you take your CL directly to the MB shop or did you have to first take it to a Chrysler dealer? Some folks have claimed you must first take your MB car to a Chrysler dealer to see whether they can do the repairs, if they can't then you're permitted to take it to the MB shop. Per my reading of the service contract, you can take your MB straight to the MB shop for needed repairs, but every repair job has to be pre-approved by CSC or you risk not having them cover it, which is pretty standard actually.
I have a new CSC service contract on my 06 SL, so I haven't made any repair claims nor do I have any car issues at the moment, but it's helpful to know their process and policies ahead of time.
Thanks,
Sgooter
Old 08-14-2010, 07:06 PM

CL65 AMG
Chrysler - Mercedes Service Contract - WATCH OUT!

Well if you have followed this in the forum, you are aware I applied for, and received notification a month ago (7/15/10) that I purchased ($5k) and was approved for a "Chrysler Premium Mercedes Benz Care" service contract from Chrysler. (Sudbay Chrysler -- Michael Noyes sold the policy)

However for a month, Chrysler was unresponsive in providing the actual contract, forwarding a number of excuses, and said "rely on the sales brochure, you have a contract". Well, the contract arrived today (8/13/10).

Watch out!

I received a "5/70 Pre Owned Maximum Care" contract. (no MBZ mentioned, but a lot about Chrysler products)

Much different terms:

requires returning to the issuing dealer (east coast) - I live in CA...
OR
take it to any Chrysler dealer (imagine some Chrysler yo-yo working on your ABC, pulling off interior trim or working on the AMG twin turbo V12...)
OR
try to get Chrysler to approve, on a case by case basis, repairs at a MBZ dealer.

Chrysler's response. "well you can call and request approval, but there will be a delay, many customers are happy with Chrysler repairs" -- hmmm, what about the others?

- can use "refurbished parts"
- state an local taxes not covered (ouch, another 8%)
- normal wear not covered (hmmm, ABC struts, turbos "wear out")
- remote transmitters never covered (fobs, garage door)
- towing reimbursement only to a Chrysler dealer
- all the "frills" notably absent - roadside assistance, trip interruption, free transfer, lock out service, jump start, flat tire change, out-of-gas delivery etc. (in the sales literature, not in the contract).

Well, buyer beware! I am waiting for a call from the service contract head, Amber ...

more to follow.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:53 PM

CL65 AMG
Well, Chrysler Administration now involved -

____

"well, this seems like a legal issue, therefor, we can't comment on it"

"fax us a copy of the contract we sent you, and your application, we will review it"

Shanna- Chrysler Corp. Administration.

____

Interesting... Chrysler asked me to fax them a copy of the Chrysler contract they issued me?

Anyone having issues with a Chrysler MB contract issued in the past 3 months (new contract) ??

Last edited by CL65_AMG; 08-15-2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: was entered twice
Old 08-15-2010, 04:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Mercedes obviously!
I wouldn't worry too much about the things like the Chrysler dealership only working on it...after all these contracts are written with Chrysler vehicles in mind. I bought mine back in December '09 and was told (verbally) that the local Mercedes dealership should be the place to take my vehicle to. Like you I had real concerns with some Chrysler familiar technician getting under the hood on my TT V12!

I'll be interested to hear what they have to say about the other points. These policies were very popular on here, read up on the W220 and W215 boards for more information.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:43 AM

2005 cl55 eurocharged flash
Originally Posted by CL65_AMG
Well, Chrysler Administration now involved -

____

"well, this seems like a legal issue, therefor, we can't comment on it"

"fax us a copy of the contract we sent you, and your application, we will review it"

Shanna- Chrysler Corp. Administration.

____

Interesting... Chrysler asked me to fax them a copy of the Chrysler contract they issued me?

Anyone having issues with a Chrysler MB contract issued in the past 3 months (new contract) ??
thanks for update, i also got the contract from Sudbay Chrysler -- Michael Noyes. keep us update on this.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:09 PM

CL65 AMG
Well nothing from the Administration manager yet, however I did check with the Michigan Attorney Generals office ((517) 373-1140) -

55 complaints against Chrysler Group LLC Service Contracts.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:16 PM

CL55, SL500, E350
Originally Posted by CL65_AMG
Well nothing from the Administration manager yet, however I did check with the Michigan Attorney Generals office ((517) 373-1140) -

55 complaints against Chrysler Group LLC Service Contracts.
Hope all went well for you (and for me too as also got a service contract with them over 4 months ago).

I've already lost a contract (due to provider bankrupcy) in early 2003. I hope this CSC doesn't screw me over again
Old 08-18-2010, 09:17 PM

'14 E350, '03 H-D FXDL
FWIW, I had my 06 SL500 in the M-Bz shop last week, and the tech thought an electrical component needed to be replaced to the tune of around $450 including labor. So, the SA called Chrysler Warranty with the details and after being on hold for 10 minutes, the CSC rep declared the item was fully covered. Soon afterwards, the tech discovered the real source of the problem, which was a simple re-connection; no need for a replacement component. This was my first experience with CSC claims since buying the contract at the end of June. So far, so good.

As I understand it, CSC has recently updated their list of car makes/models eligible for coverage, and only the C-Class and E-Class models are on the list, and no AMGs.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:29 PM

2005 SL500, 1977 450SL, 2007 Cadillac Escalade
Denied CSC claim

New to the forum. Bought the Max Care CSC for my '05 SL500 on 6/4/10 from a dealer in Ohio (I'm in CA). I had a major breakdown on 6/25 and the car had to be towed to the MB dealer. CSC denied the claim due to the newness of the contract. I was told it must have been a pre-existing condition despite the fact that I had 2 inspections before purchasing the contract, and the MB dealer verified the failure could not have been pre-existing. The inspector actually accused me of fraud. I've gotten nowhere trying to appeal with CSC - just got the runaround back to the original inspector that denied the claim. Atty Gen info may be useful for me, thanks.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:22 PM

CLS63
CL65 - it sounds like you were successful in getting a Maxcare warranty, the same plan that everyone has been saying good things about on these boards. Does the contract look like this?

http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/...Provisions.pdf

it seems like the maxcare exclusionary plan as served a lot of people well if you were successful in getting one of these, i think i'll try as well.

@robdog, it sounds like the 30 day rules while not in writing is sort of an unwritten rule. bummer that's happening to you. At least you should be able to get a refund minus $50-75. Think they have a 60 day refund clause.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:33 PM

2005 SL500, 1977 450SL, 2007 Cadillac Escalade
CSC no longer available

I spoke with Chrysler yesterday who informed me that as of 8/1/10 they have stopped writing contracts on all Mercedes models. Maybe they're trying to shake current holders by denying claims.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:04 PM

CLS63
that's odd, i think michael case said they are writing for C and E class only, (AMG exluded as well). more conflicting info, got to love it!

I'll probalby opt for the MB warranty if I can't get a CSC.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:26 PM

CL65 AMG
more on the Chrysler Service Contracts problems

" [quote=Dericious;4218309]CL65 - it sounds like you were successful in getting a Maxcare warranty, the same plan that everyone has been saying good things about on these boards. Does the contract look like this?

http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/...Provisions.pdf

it seems like the maxcare exclusionary plan as served a lot of people well if you were successful in getting one of these, i think i'll try as well. "

reply:
Well, Chrysler did have a very good reputation with their service contracts, hence the reason for my purchase. There is clearly some background activity at Chrysler. The AMG models were canceled Aug1. I think there is some substance to you belief that Chrysler is trying to wash it's hands of the AMG and high end policies policies.

I did finally speak to Stephanie Wilkes, Service Contract Administration Manager. Unlike the others, she was responsive to some of the issues. She did confirm there is more than one pre-owned Maximum Care contract (I was actually holding three when I fielded the question). My contract is so new, it does not even have a date. It is not the one you provided the link to, (3/09). I also have the 10/09 Maximum Care policy, and my undated policy. I just received a copy of the "Money back" service policy. Seems to be so many, Chrysler can't keep track of them. (there is a policy library on the Chrysler site, perhaps they should LOOK there.

New contracts come out the end of July, leaving me suspicious I was sold last years contract (ver. 10/2009) on July 15th, yet, I received a 2010 revision (undated) from Chrysler on Aug 15, 2010.

I am working on getting through to Michael J Ross (director) , Chrysler Group Service Contracts LLC - the service contracts group is clearly business ineffective.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:36 PM

CL65 AMG
"
Originally Posted by Dericious
@robdog, it sounds like the 30 day rules while not in writing is sort of an unwritten rule. bummer that's happening to you. At least you should be able to get a refund minus $50-75. Think they have a 60 day refund clause.
"

Comment:
In my discussions with Chrysler and the selling dealer - this issue came up. There is no inspection clause or 30 day "pre-existing" clause in the contract. The dealers are "supposed to" inspect the vehicles prior to issuing the policy.

However, I think Chrysler is clearly the point-of-failure on this. A competent compliance unit would immediately question how a dealer in Massachusetts inspected and sold a policy to a owner in California. I suspect many, many service contract owners never had their cars inspected. The selling dealers just "took the money."
Old 08-24-2010, 04:22 PM

CLS63
shortly after they stopped selling the plans at chryslerfactory plans, i called directly and they asked me why so many souther california MB owners were suddenly calling and asking about these servcie contracts... I didn't know what to say. Anyway at that time, they would only offer me a limited coverage 2 yr plan for like 4k or something. Didn't make any sense economically.

I'm also looking at the mercury plan, but seems to exclude too many things, including shocks and struts. So it may be back to the MB plan....
Old 08-24-2010, 06:11 PM

CL65 AMG
I looked into the Easy Care plan prior to purchasing the Chrysler plan for my AMG.
Easy Care bumper to bumper 2 yrs/ 24k - $4800
Chrysler 5yrs / 70k -- $5100

Easy Care requires a $100 inspection - inspector came to the house.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:27 AM

e55 2003
Ive got an easy care on my 2003 e55 and its been perfect. Had a local shop replace the IC pump about 6 months ago, no problem. Then had my tranny crap out on me last month with 55,000 miles on the car. Got it to the MB dealer, service rep called me and said my tranny and tq converter needed to be replaced, he had already called easy care and everything was approved. It was all done in about a week and all I had to pay was 100$. Ive been very happy with them so far.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Any updates on this, CL65_AMG?
Old 08-31-2010, 12:28 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1987 Buick GNX,SL65 Black, 1987 Buick Turbo Limited, 2010 GT500
go to an independant...cost of warranty the same in end

Been driving CL65's and many other AMG's for some time...NO WARRANTY...and a few I have raced weekly....dont be afraid to own one out of warranty....... they are much much much more dependable then you think...

Infact the CL65 I have right now at 84k miles has the original STRUTS on the car...no problems with them as well.....this will be the most expensive item for the car....and at 5 years plus 84k miles my car is still not costing a dime...

My only money spent on my car is the front brakes...not covered under warranty and an oil sensor and tranny mount which cost less then $400...and it wont need that again for a few years of driving......

you do the math....and you will see spending $5k on a warranty will not make up for the costs...

Not one engine on a CL65 or 65 has blown...and guess what? If it did ...which there is a 100% chance it wont happen unless you take the oil out and drive it.......THE WARRANTY COMPANY WILL NOT COVER IT.....not at $80k...no way in hell....

the Tranny FULLY rebuilt on our cars is less then $2500...and I have seen 200k mile S55 with untouched trannies....

LET IT RIDE FOLKS...STOP WORRYING YOUR AMG Super car which is well engineered will break down the minute you buy it...not HAPPENING...
Old 09-12-2010, 04:01 PM

CL65 AMG
Here is the latest,

Chrysler Service Contracts advises they are handling some internal issues with their business practices, dealer sales representations, and conflicting contract terms.

Since, my CL65's driver door close assist went out, as did the tire pressure sensors. I took the vehicle straight to MBZ, who received authorization from Chrysler to repair the door and the sensors. Chrysler declined replacement of the valve stems (required, $20 ea). Repairs totaled $2500, less $200 and $80 for stems. Chrysler delayed 2 days in paying, saying they were "busy." Naturally, the dealer would not release the car without payment. The dealer however, was very accommodating and held a personal check, awaiting payment from Chrysler.

Not a warm and fuzzy feeling here, but they did handle the repairs.

Chrysler no longer writes service contracts for AMGs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Service Cantract / extended warranty