CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Service Cantract / extended warranty

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL65 AMG
AMG's -- warranty a necessity

Originally Posted by retardedmunk
you do the math....and you will see spending $5k on a warranty will not make up for the costs...

Well, truly is a fantastic car, but I feel a warranty is a necessity for me on the AMG. My 65 was dealer maintained, has 30K, and impeccable. Here's some history,

*** factory warranty***
ABC dampner replaced,
ABC pump replaced,
Driver door central locking pump replaced
PSE (?) pump replaced
transmission pilot bushing replaced
battery replaced
left front strut replaced
driver door glass replaced - flaw
transmission pan gasket replaced
*** end factory warranty ***

power steering pump "o" rings replaced - $330
door lock activator replaced - $800
left front strut replaced (again) - $$2200
left front camber bolt - $150
turbo coolant pump replaced - $950
sunroof wind deflector replaced - $200
driver door assist replaced & tire sensors replaced - $2500

seems like a $5k service contract is not a bad idea. Very pleased to hear your 65 is trouble free.

Regards.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL500, 1977 450SL, 2007 Cadillac Escalade
How did you get a hold of/who did you speak with at CSC? I called several numbers but always ened up at cust rel who advised me to 'send a letter'. I actually got an internal number that they're not supposed to give to customers - in fact I had to call and be transferred from a CSC line - and guess who I got...the inspector that initially rejected the claim I was appealing! Any info would help. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
Originally Posted by CharlestonN
Just got a quote from MBZ Laguna Niguel for a 4 year at around $4,800 and if the car is over 80K miles they only do up to a 2 year witch is around $4,000

I am waiting for them to send me the specifics of the service contract and i am also waiting to hear back from MBZ of Beverly Hills and see what they can offer and i called Chrysler but they told me they would not do an AMG with close to 80K miles
Be carefull with the quote. They probably will not write you the policy unless you are the original owner and the original warranty has not yet expired.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:56 PM

CL65 AMG
Originally Posted by robdog
How did you get a hold of/who did you speak with at CSC? I called several numbers but always ened up at cust rel who advised me to 'send a letter'. I actually got an internal number that they're not supposed to give to customers - in fact I had to call and be transferred from a CSC line - and guess who I got...the inspector that initially rejected the claim I was appealing! Any info would help. Thanks.

customer service is the dead end. What are you trying to do?
Old 09-14-2010, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by CL65_AMG
customer service is the dead end. What are you trying to do?
I had a catastrophic tranny failure 3 weeks after I purchased the CSC contract. The claim was denied based on the 'newness of the contract' despite the fact that I had it inspected per the contract requirements (twice actually), and MB verified that in their opinion the failure could not have been pre-existing. I've given up trying to appeal the decision - the inspector told me verbatim "that's my decision and there's nothing you can do about it" - but I want to make sure future failures aren't deemed 'pre-existing' to avoid paying the claim. I'm trying to get CSC to tell me what I need to do to reset the clock - whether it's getting another inspection or whatever. They have graciously offered to refund my money - not a bad deal (for them) considering my claim was more than I paid for the contract.
I'd appreciate any advice you may have.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:55 PM

CL65 AMG
Seems "we will give you your money back" is the standard reply on CSC AMG conflicts. No wonder - AMG's are not a winning insurance proposition. I'm surprised CSC hasn't offered additional cash to buy out the owners.

Based on the facts you presented. it seems a very simple small claims case. I don't know what the award limits are in SD, ($5K, $7K?).

Meeting the inspection requirement (note; this is not even a contract requirement) and the opinion letter is a prima facia case for your claim. Small Claims is easy, brief and actually fun. Been there a few times.

Generally, the argument on service contract legal disputes is; the provider (CSC) always had the opportunity to inspect the vehicle and the service records, BEFORE issuing a contract (they did in this case). They issued the contract (with an inspection). They will be held to it. Your claim is not defensible. Usually, people are just too lazy to go to small claims.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:15 PM

Seems "we will give you your money back" is the standard reply on CSC AMG conflicts. No wonder - AMG's are not a winning insurance proposition. I'm surprised CSC hasn't offered additional cash to buy out the owners.

Based on the facts you presented. it seems a very simple small claims case. I don't know what the award limits are in SD, ($5K, $7K?).

Meeting the inspection requirement (note; this is not even a contract requirement) and the opinion letter is a prima facia case for your claim. Small Claims is easy, brief and actually fun. Been there a few times.

Generally, the argument on service contract legal disputes is; the provider (CSC) always had the opportunity to inspect the vehicle and the service records, BEFORE issuing a contract (they did in this case). They issued the contract (with an inspection). They will be held to it. Your claim is not defensible. Usually, people are just too lazy to go to small claims.
All true. My fear is CSC will cancel my contract. Even with $7500 from small claims, there's NO WAY I'd own this car without a warranty. I'm already in it for about $4500 out of pocket, not including the cost of the contract. And I bought the car in April. From a dealer! (not CPO)
I'm typically a 'cut my nose to spite my face' kinda guy if I think I'm right, but in this case I'm not so sure.
BTW according to my 'research' there are dozens of complaints against CSC with the Mich Attorney General.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CL65
i paid $3k for my 5/70 crysler warr back in feb. 200 ded. not used it yet, but last month a my all but 1 of the speakers took a ***** and their is no chime when the key is in the igntion or door is open. warr purchased from michael case car is covered til 2015 or 96,000miles- car has 28kmiles on it
Old 09-14-2010, 03:25 PM

CL65 AMG
Originally Posted by robdog
All true. My fear is CSC will cancel my contract.
Read your contract - there is a very limited out clause for CSC.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:25 PM

That's the same contract I have, same price too, but I bought it from a dealer in Ohio (Case never returned my calls). Let me know how your experience goes. I still have some faith in the contract - I think it depends on whether the inspector is gettin' any lately.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:32 PM

Read your contract - there is a very limited out clause for CSC.
Fraud is one. And they've already accused me of it. Pre-existing is by definition fraud, but the inspector used the actual words. I tried to defend myself which is what prompted the famous quote "that's my decision...". I went round and round with them, calling for about 3 days and I finally got a hold of someone who supposedly could help - it turned out to be the same inspector I started with! That's when I abandoned my appeal campaign and decided to eat it and move forward.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:23 PM

2006 S500 4matic, 2004 CL55 AMG, 1986 560SEC
Originally Posted by billybenz
Easy care not the easiest to deal with I call them all the time. I can do a great lakes warranty , zero deductable , 4 year unlimited mileage with the twin turbo coverage for $3,995.00 pm or cal me if interested 248-668-6793 Billy
Great Lakes?! HA!
You do realize that Great Lakes went belly up the same day you posted this comment?
*******s are out of business and never paid for a claim I had back March! Even then, they would only cover $900 of a $3000 claim that should have been covered in full. So much for my 4 year, unlimited mileage that is only 2 years old and the company is out of business!

The Goverment likes to stick their nose where it doesn't belong, I'm surprised they don't help out the general population by investigating, rating and fining these extended warranty companies that don't pay up? The amount of graft and corruption in these businesses is only overshadowed by the government itself.

A little bitter? You betcha!
Old 09-24-2010, 12:05 PM

CL55, SL500, E350
My first claim with CSC (bought the contract earlier this year)

My passenger door lock and closing assist have failed (2005 CL55 with 30K miles) so brought it to the dealer. After 4 days with CSC sending tech to inspect the car, they'd agreed to pay for it (minus $200 deductible). The bill was $4527 including things mentioned above plus right rear strut replacement, front lower arm controller "loose" (not sure what it meant), and transmission mount replacement.

Also, my right rear trunk closing [assist] was also not tight, my right front parking assist seems to go bad (beeping sometime for no reason), my right (passenger) seat massage is pretty weak but I guess I will have these small things checked out next time.

It seems like everything on the right side goes bad - very weird

Can't own this car without warranty. I've spent about $4K for almost a year when the factory warranty ran out before I bought CSC warranty.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:40 PM

CL65 AMG
Interesting, I had the same issues - opposite side. Seems to be pretty consistent components that need repairs. One thing is certain, a service contract is a must! my 65 has 30k also...
Old 10-13-2010, 12:20 AM

CL 65
Anything Other than CSC?

It seems much of this thread is dedicated to Chrysler's Service Contract. I have just purchased an 05 CL65 and after reading all the trouble some of you have had I am concerned.

Since the CSC is no longer available whats the next best Warranty to pursue? I have a few months left on Easy Care from the previous owner. To renew this is more than 6K.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:57 AM

CL65 AMG
I originally had both the easy care and the CSC contracts on my '05 CL65 (30K miles) while I waited to see if there were problems with the CSC. I think the contract is a must, just an expense of owning a great car. Already did $2600 in repairs - a door assist valve, and the tire sensors. It is expensive, but it sure is piece of mind. The car will break. You figure out a way to install a I-touch jack?
Old 10-15-2010, 08:54 AM

CL 65
I have managed to find a few companies that will write an exclusionary service contract on the CL 65. I was quoted for 24 and 36 month unlimted mileage.

Warranty for wheels servicing Genuine Warranty Solutions and underwritten by American Capitol underwriting offered 3 years for $4020. They originally quoted me for a CL55. After I explained it is a CL65 (v12) they offered the warranty for the same money. Normally there is a $1500 surcharge for V12. There is also a surcharge for the hydraulic suspension parts ($1500). The final price is $5520.

From the contract...
Factory and Factory Exotic Covered Components (Coverage A): Factory and Factory Exotic Coverage covers the reasonable cost to remedy any operating
mechanical or electrical failure of the vehicle, for the time indicated on the contract application, except as specified as excluded, subject to the provisions, terms
and conditions of this contract.

There are at least two companies selling warranties underwritten by American Capital in London.

Thoughts?

Easy Care wants >7500 for 2 years. (exclusionary)
Old 10-15-2010, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,067 Likes on 856 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Originally Posted by Troys_Toy
Factory and Factory Exotic Covered Components (Coverage A): Factory and Factory Exotic Coverage covers the reasonable cost to remedy any operating
mechanical or electrical failure of the vehicle, for the time indicated on the contract application, except as specified as excluded, subject to the provisions, terms

There are at least two companies selling warranties underwritten by American Capital in London.

Thoughts?

Reasonable repairs? WTF is that about. Mercedes dealer rapairs are never reasonable. Why would they put that language in the contract? It has to be an out clause.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner

Very interesting thread. I have two CSC on each of my Jags. Took the policy out to read the terms and conditions concerning.

"The plan will not cover, or apply to loss or expense resulting from:
..Repair or replacements of any covered component when it has been determined that the condition existed prior to purchasing the contract"..

It appears that some expert forensics needs to be done here. Unless the tranny is torn down and analyzed, one cannot state if the cause was a pre existing condition or not. Since the repairs are necessary, I suggest you hire an expert as well as give CSC the opportunity to be present during the tear down to determine the cause of the failure and if it was a pre-existing condition. If the facts support your claim and CSC still refuses to reimburse the repairs, then I suggest litigation to recover your costs. If fraud was involved on CSC's part, you may be entitled to treble damages (3X costs).

Just my $.02 worth.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:34 PM

CLS63
Originally Posted by Troys_Toy
I have managed to find a few companies that will write an exclusionary service contract on the CL 65. I was quoted for 24 and 36 month unlimted mileage.

Warranty for wheels servicing Genuine Warranty Solutions and underwritten by American Capitol underwriting offered 3 years for $4020. They originally quoted me for a CL55. After I explained it is a CL65 (v12) they offered the warranty for the same money. Normally there is a $1500 surcharge for V12. There is also a surcharge for the hydraulic suspension parts ($1500). The final price is $5520.

From the contract...

Thoughts?

Doesn't MB write warranties for a CL65? are you outside your factory warranty? I compared MB's quote to Easycare and MB was significantly less expensive. No deductible, and MB ELW is an exclusionary policy. Just reviewed the docs. I think there is an older version of the ELW on the forums somewhere showing it as an inclusionary policy, but the one i got is exclusionary. just excludes tires, brake pads, trim pieces ect. (stuff you'd normally expect.)
Old 10-26-2010, 06:23 PM

CL 65
Originally Posted by Dericious
Doesn't MB write warranties for a CL65? are you outside your factory warranty? I compared MB's quote to Easycare and MB was significantly less expensive. No deductible, and MB ELW is an exclusionary policy. Just reviewed the docs. I think there is an older version of the ELW on the forums somewhere showing it as an inclusionary policy, but the one i got is exclusionary. just excludes tires, brake pads, trim pieces ect. (stuff you'd normally expect.)
My CL65 is a 05. No Mercedes warranty available for that.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:08 AM

2005 SL 600,2002 M3,1993 Vette!
I googled and found this.

Is this the same company?

Please be advised that Automotive Warranty Solutions (AWS) is ceasing all operations as of December 31, 2009. This action will not affect your policy.
All policies sold were written by an accredited administrators and underwriters. If you need any help with a policy, please contact the policy administrator. The administrator’s contact information appears directly on the policy. If you need any help with payment issues, please contact the finance company that handles the policy’s billing account.
If for any reason you do not have the contact information for the policy administrator or finance company, you can call AWS’s help desk at (954) 949-9333.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just some words of wisdom--

As a customer of a policy of a defunt warranty company, don't believe that the administrator or other entities will continue to pay for claims after the company ceases operation, especially BK. BK is the final death blow.

Best way to go if not thru MB, is a state regulated insurance company such as Mercury Insurance. Find a state regulated Insurance companies in your state because they don't go BK every other month as do 3rd party auto warranty companies do (especially in this economy). I talk from experience as a past customer of the now defunt Warranty Gold. Their salemen told me never to worry due to the fact it is underwritten and administered by an Administrator Co.

Too bad Chysler Service Contracts are no longer written for MBs.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:32 PM

'05 CL65 AMG, '08 CLS63 AMG, '04 Porsche 911 Turbo
I just got my '05 CL65 and spent good three days finding an extended warranty. Carchex was the only company that would provide warranty for V12. The coverage is for 4 years or 60K miles.. for 5400 bucks... You need to wait 30 days after you sign the contract...
Old 11-10-2010, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by yangstein
I just got my '05 CL65 and spent good three days finding an extended warranty. Carchex was the only company that would provide warranty for V12. The coverage is for 4 years or 60K miles.. for 5400 bucks... You need to wait 30 days after you sign the contract...
Great to hear the good news.

Just a reminder to us guys in California. California recently restricted sales of automobile extended warranties to Car Manufacturers, New Car Dealerships or Insurance Co.
No more 3rd party warranties are allow in the Golden State.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Service Cantract / extended warranty