CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Newly Replaced Battery Keeps Draining...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bicycle
Newly Replaced Battery Keeps Draining...

As you can gleam from the title of the thread, I recently replaced a 6yr old battery with an OEM one because I found out I had to jump start the car way too often after it had been sitting in the garage for <1 week. While this was my first act to mend off "battery drainage symptoms" it would prove that it won't be my last... Namely, the new battery has suffered a similar fate - it keeps draining in between relatively short durations of not starting the car.
Suffice to say, this new found realization provoked me to further investigate what the culprit could be after ruling out the battery (?)... It is at this point, that I turn to you for advice? How would I (no warranty) diagnose why the battery on my 2003 CL55 is draining so frequently? Has anyone experiences similar problems?

I did recently notice my passenger side head rest tilting upwards as if it had a brain of its own. I'm thinking of checking the individual relays? Would anyone have a relay diagram I could reference while tinkering about?