CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

TPC & TPMS Tire Pressure Swap Out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 12:50 PM
NRL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CL65, FJ80, Sportsmobile 4x4, Model X Plaid
TPC & TPMS Tire Pressure Swap Out

This is for folks who have W215's with TPMS or other models with TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitor System)..

I just did a TPMS sensor swap out on my 2005 CL65. It's year 6 for the car and the sensors alerts were getting out of hand. So..

I bought all 4 sensors for $400 total from Belle Tire Distributors and when I got my new PS2 Tires, swapped them in when I mounted the new tires.

Mercedes Benz Sensors
Item # RDE004

BERU VALVE 49MM
Item # RDV003

After combing through the threads on resetting the TPMS. I got the general advise that you can reset the learning process for TPMS via the steering wheel/IC but only if you dont get the "Tire Pressure System - Visit Workshop" message. If you get any other message, your on your way for the TPC to reset and relearn your new Beru Sensors.

I had been wanting to get a DAS Diagnostic and I did get one this week, and ran thru the Quick tests via Xentry/DAS. The car is doing fine passing all tests! Engine, Transmission, all the items when you select Quick Test in DAS. But I was still getting the TPMS - Visit Workshop message when I started the car!

So using DAS, I tried to but couldn't access TPC(Tire Pressure Control) via Control Unit, CGW, TPC..
Diagnose revealed Fuse 70 ok, power to N88 ok. It wouldn't connect to the N88 RDC Control unit which determines the sensors/and pressures, etc.. It also lets you put in the serial#s for the new Beru Sensors or pick up the sensors wirelessly by going thru a procedure to let air out/in so it can detect the change in pressure for each sensor..

So after researching somemore, I picked up that I should pull the fuse 70 for the N88 control unit in the rear passenger fuse box. After pulling it, and then putting the fuse back in, my TPMS - visit Workshop message went away!

If fact, it's completely gone! I can't even access the TPMS reset from the Steering wheel/ IC anymore (just the way I wanted it). I had one point with DAS, de-Activated TPMS for the IC.

I plan on using the DAS just to see if I can activate it again, but I do like having the TPMS disabled for now.

If you have any experience with TPMS and have any addition pointers, questions, please add/reply.

-N

Last edited by NRL; 05-17-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
I don't understand... you just ordered and replaced your sensors, but want it deactivated?
Old 05-17-2011, 04:27 PM
NRL

Originally Posted by Cartronics
I don't understand... you just ordered and replaced your sensors, but want it deactivated?
Yes, seems strange.

Well not initially, it didn't bug me when they were working, out of sight out of mind. But they started to act up in the end (5-6years old).. and then TPMS message every time it started.

I'll try to activate TPMS/TPC tonight.. and see if if the car sees the new sensors.. At least I think I know how to disable it as a DAS newb maybe I can turn it back on

Last edited by NRL; 05-18-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by NRL
Yes, seems strange.

Well not initially, it didn't bug me when they were working, out of sight out of mind. But they started to act up in the end (5-6years old).. and then TPMS message ever time it started.

I'll try to activate TPMS/TPC tonight.. and see if if the car sees the new sensors.. At least I think I know how to disable it as a DAS newb maybe I can turn it back on
Make sure you get rid of the old sensors. If they are in the car or trunk the system will not pick up the good new sensors since it looks for a fault condition first.

Are you sure you have the correct Beru sensors? The ones that work are often listed as Audi first, alphabetically.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:40 AM
NRL

Originally Posted by grane
Make sure you get rid of the old sensors. If they are in the car or trunk the system will not pick up the good new sensors since it looks for a fault condition first.

Are you sure you have the correct Beru sensors? The ones that work are often listed as Audi first, alphabetically.
Hopefully they are the right Beru sensors. I had to give them my VIN# for them to make sure. Actually they wanted to be sure.
Giving them the VIN# also made sure I had the right Beru 49mm Value for the rebuild kit.
Still haven't had the chance to see if DAS sees those sensors yet but will soon.

I'm pretty sure if you get the "TPMS - Visit Workshop" there is no ways around it other then pulling Fuse 70 to reset it, then maybe you can use the steering wheel and IC to re-activate it.

As far as the old sensors, they are about 20feet from it.. but I'll get rid of them.

Last edited by NRL; 05-18-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:02 PM
NRL

update:

After pulling fuse 70, the TPMS message went away and it eventually relearned the sensors and now shows all new sensor pressure readings.