CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Newb Question: How to remove CL65 Carbon Fiber Engine Plate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 05:59 PM
NRL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CL65, FJ80, Sportsmobile 4x4, Model X Plaid
Newb Question: How to remove CL65 Carbon Fiber Engine Plate

Newb Question:

Ok, contemplating on either putting in fresh air filters or going with BMC filters.
Any know how to easily remove the top V12 Carbon Fiber Engine Plate? There was a sequence but I don't recall it any more.

Someone told me once: "Don't Force it!"
Old 08-27-2011, 01:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w215 cl65, W212 E63, R53 Mini Cooper JCW, E92 328I
knn filter is about $85 from summit and you will have it at your door in 2 days... i think you might be refering to the 2 cover that sit on top of the engine right? if so, the way i take mine off is.

REMOVAL: as you know you have 2 covers one is carbon fiber ( black ) and the other is the metal cover. if you notice on the metal cover there is a badge which tells you who built your engine. now right next to that badge near the corners left and right there is 2 cut away section just grab those 2 sections and pull straight up ( about 3 inches ) and then pull the metal cover forward to the front of the car and that part is done.. now the carbon is more tricky becuase you have about 4-5 clips that might fall out if your not carful, if you grab the bottom left and bottom right of the carbon fiber cover ( near the front of the car) and pull it up slowly working each side slowly and rock it up and it will pop right off..

reassemable: on the carbon make sure the metal tabs are in place and not hanging / about to fall, once you install the carbon cover back on ( just snap it in) there is a plastic tube which is located on the far right side ( driver side) there is a cut away section on the carbon cover make sure that plastic tube on the engine sits in that notch out so the carbon panel sits flush and safe.. once you to start install the metal panel make sure you slide the 2 dowel like pins which are located on the top of the metal cover in its located holes on the engine ( intercoolers) and then push the section where the badge is down to the engine and it will snap in to place...

and there is your 10 sec cover removal steps
Old 08-28-2011, 01:52 AM
NRL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CL65, FJ80, Sportsmobile 4x4, Model X Plaid
Originally Posted by freestylebiker3
knn filter is about $85 from summit and you will have it at your door in 2 days... i think you might be refering to the 2 cover that sit on top of the engine right? if so, the way i take mine off is.

REMOVAL: as you know you have 2 covers one is carbon fiber ( black ) and the other is the metal cover. if you notice on the metal cover there is a badge which tells you who built your engine. now right next to that badge near the corners left and right there is 2 cut away section just grab those 2 sections and pull straight up ( about 3 inches ) and then pull the metal cover forward to the front of the car and that part is done.. now the carbon is more tricky becuase you have about 4-5 clips that might fall out if your not carful, if you grab the bottom left and bottom right of the carbon fiber cover ( near the front of the car) and pull it up slowly working each side slowly and rock it up and it will pop right off..

reassemable: on the carbon make sure the metal tabs are in place and not hanging / about to fall, once you install the carbon cover back on ( just snap it in) there is a plastic tube which is located on the far right side ( driver side) there is a cut away section on the carbon cover make sure that plastic tube on the engine sits in that notch out so the carbon panel sits flush and safe.. once you to start install the metal panel make sure you slide the 2 dowel like pins which are located on the top of the metal cover in its located holes on the engine ( intercoolers) and then push the section where the badge is down to the engine and it will snap in to place...

and there is your 10 sec cover removal steps
Thanks Man, Appreciate it.