CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

CL Climate Control - Interior Temperture Sensor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2023, 10:21 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
CL500, W211 e320 mega-spec
The legs of the thermistor turned out to be weaker than I had thought. I nearly had it done but at the last minute I tried to tuck the thermistor back down close to the top of the fan shroud where it should be and snapped one of the legs off right at the outer edge of the component.

Sooo.. I've had to order a replacement thermistor.

Interestingly... I didn't think I'd be doing this but I've used the car a couple of times without the overhead electronics. I checked the 'REST' display and it says 'Error' for the sensor in the overhead unit because I've got the whole thing removed from the car at the moment. I've had the climate control set at 19-degrees C and it has been lovely. I'm sure having 2 temperature sensors is better than one... but it works well enough with just one sensor installed. I wonder if there is a way to create the 'error' reading without removing the whole panel?

Variable wipers and remote central locking seem to be unexpected functions of the overhead panel as well. Took me a little bit of figuring out to notice these things weren't working.
Old 03-25-2023, 07:23 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
CL500, W211 e320 mega-spec
New thermistor soldered on. Great success. The readout on the REST display now shows a plausible reading. So problem solved.