CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Trunk cd still jammed after Search

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Trunk cd still jammed after Search

Hi,

My trunk CD changer cassette will not eject. The Comand display greys out and the hour glass runs and will not play a cassette. It suddenly stopped playing while I was driving. The eject button still is illuminated but pushing it, pushing it and holding does not work. The latter procedure causes the eject light to blink. The rest of Comand runs fine. I have an 05 model still under Extended warranty. I did a search of all the Forums here and on other places and still have no solution?

Can someone append the WIS procedure to remove the trunk panels, and the procedure to remove the cassette unit and free the magazine? Is there a TSB on this since I am due for an A service, and MB seems to like to do warranty repairs when there customer paid bill in add-on to a warranty repair. Even if I have the dealer fix it under warranty I want to know what I am getting into. I am in the ice box of New England.

Btw the car was stored in a commercial tin storage place during very cold weather while our new garage was being built. The car was driven periodically but in good weather, dry roads only. Perhaps the cold storage caused it to fail? Now it is in the new garage at a warmer temp.

How do I free that cassette!

Last edited by grane; 02-08-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
If you find yourself needing a CD changer, I have one from a 2004 CL600. Excellent condition and cheap.

Only way to remove it would be to take out the entire CD changer and crack it open by a tech. It might still work.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G350 Bluetec
CDC healed itself!

I left it overnight. I am lucky. Somehow the silly thing started functioning again.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G350 Bluetec
Now it is on the fritz again. is there a way of interfacing a SSD to the optic interface? 256GB of solid state storage properly mounted, with a USB interface so you can load it and/or swap it for another drive, could be a viable solution.

My 95 Legend had a CD player in the boot and it never malfunctioned after 12 years. If their metal,not cheapo plastique, Cd cartridge was stuck there was a place where you can insert a straightened paper cup to eject the stuck magazine. Nothing like MB going to lowest bidder. My NSX never failed to work but it did skip from time to time on a bad frost heave.

The best or nothing?