CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

My CL55 'PhotoChop'

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
If you're spending so much on mods and have such a high attention to detail I'd recommend doing the real deal carbon fiber interior trim replacement vs. doing a wrap. Just my two cents (you can see mine on my build thread in the sig.)

Otherwise all of the other mods sound really interesting. I'm particularly interested in the Tab custom mount and the satin wrap.

What shop is going to do your headlight buckets in black?
Old 09-02-2013, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' CL55 AMG
I forgot all about this thread!

I started my own business at the end of last year and have been so busy working on growing it that i haven't had time to move forward with any of the mods i wanted to do, i still want to do the rear diffuser, front lip and wheels+lowering, now that i'm starting to get some more free time again i might get around to doing it before the end of the year... I want to actually finish the mods on this car before i buy another car next year

There have been some newly released wheel alternatives though which look better and are lighter than what i had planned to use so maybe it was a good thing that i didn't do the mods in a hurry

Last edited by CharlestonN; 09-02-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' CL55 AMG
Since i plan on buying another car next year and keeping this one i probably won't spend as much as i had planned to originally - Most likely closer to half that, i also changed my mind and decided to do a gloss black finish on the wood instead of CF, i think it looks cleaner with the w215's interior and also for a car that weighs just over 2 tonnes i don't think shaving a few pounds by going with real CF would improve anything

As for the blacked out light housings i already got a quote from Specialty Car Craft as well as for the clear satin wrap for the body, they seam like the best custom fab shop in LA that i could find and they do high quality work

If i ever get around to actually having time to finishing these updates i'll post pics for every step of the process

I'm also still debating on whether or not i am going to do any performance upgrades, if i do they may just be minimal like a chip and pulleys

By the way your R63 build looks great!

Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
If you're spending so much on mods and have such a high attention to detail I'd recommend doing the real deal carbon fiber interior trim replacement vs. doing a wrap. Just my two cents (you can see mine on my build thread in the sig.)

Otherwise all of the other mods sound really interesting. I'm particularly interested in the Tab custom mount and the satin wrap.

What shop is going to do your headlight buckets in black?

Last edited by CharlestonN; 09-02-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Looks awesome, That wrap is something else! Almost looks like a matte chrome.