CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Stereo Upgrade Ideas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 SL600 & 04 Range Rover
Stereo Upgrade Ideas?

I have had my 03 CL 55 for a little over a month. I am interested in upgrading my sound system. I know that more power and better speakers will help. Have you made any upgrades or received any recommendations regarding speakers and or amplifiers? I think that my stock Bose stereo in my 00 ML 430 sounds better than the one in my CL.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It Varies
Re: Stereo Upgrade Ideas?

Originally posted by mantylar
I have had my 03 CL 55 for a little over a month. I am interested in upgrading my sound system. I know that more power and better speakers will help. Have you made any upgrades or received any recommendations regarding speakers and or amplifiers? I think that my stock Bose stereo in my 00 ML 430 sounds better than the one in my CL.
I agree. The sound system in the CL is not really that great. I highly recommend changing the speakers to a brand called MB Quart. These speakers have excellent clarity. Perhaps a little stronger subwoofer would complement these components as well. The sky is the limit when it comes to sound systems. How much are you willing to spend? Upgrading the amplifier and speakers can go upwards of $2000 for a clean installation. Where do you live? I can recommend a few shops if you are interested.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It Varies
Nevermind

I just realized you live in Alaska. Sorry, I am not familiar with any sound shops up there.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 SL600 & 04 Range Rover
Thank you for your input. I will check with a couple of the shops here and see what is available. I do think these cars deserve a better system, but my CL stereo is slightly better sounding than the stock system I had in my 01 Porsche 996 TT. I'll post the results of my upgrade when it is complete.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBQuart are great speakers. But you should check out Focal speakers. I have used both and Focals are much better IMO. For amps, I would suggest you to try Audison. Here are the websites for you to check them out: http://www.focal-fr.com/gb/sommaire.htm and www.audison.com.

See if you can find those speakers in Alaska. Good luck.