CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

65/600 V12TT Intercooler Plenum Design

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2012 | 07:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL65
65/600 V12TT Intercooler Plenum Design

As everyone is well aware of the heat problems these cars face, I was trying to think of a way to provide larger intercoolers in the least restrictive way. To give a better idea of what I'm trying to illustrate, this would be a one piece plenum with 2 internal intercooler coils. It would have a top plate in the center that could be removed to access an internal plate with rubber tubing that would attach to the throttle body and intake below. My only concern would be if the air would have a whirlpool effect down towards the intake as opposed to more of a "piped in" pressurized setup like stock or even the little quad plenum from Brabus. I'm just trying to do my part and think outside the box. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. If you think it will work make me one!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ICplenum.pdf (304.0 KB, 342 views)
Old 04-15-2012 | 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, S500
They spent millions on R&D.
Old 04-15-2012 | 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL65
I don't know who the "they" are that you so vaguely refer to, but "they" all heat soak, some better than others and most with higher power rely on ice which is short term maintenance. So based on your assumptions "They spent millions on R&D", does that means there is no room for improvement? Records are always broken and not from just doing the same exact thing as the guy before. Showing flaws or providing reasons would have more value than a meaningless statement. I'm sure this may be a thing for only a few to have answers on, but in this case it doesn't seem like you are one. I understand the gains may be minimal, but I'm also thinking its less likely to choke up the little stock turbos. But hey thanks for looking.