CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Dension mp3 player

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL55 amg
Dension mp3 player

Just finish installing a Dension mp3 player on my CL55 with the 2.0 comman H.U. and after having some problems at first i finally figured out the right way to go about it and want to share my experience.I decided to install the unit on the trunk cause i don't really need access to the iPod or usb flash drive and also didt want to put it on the front and complicate the process by removing the center console and head unit.No matter what you read anywhere you will need part number FOA2DB2 is a simple female optic loop that will take the cd changer out of optic ring. I found the best deal at ultimate audio in Orlando, FL they order the part for $5.95 plus shipping elsewhere it goes for as much as $50.00.Once i had this i took the CD changer out and replaced it with the dension unit making it the first item on the optic ring.By default the first is the sound system then the cd changer.need to take the optic cable from the sound system(amp) and plug it into the dension unit then plug the sound system(amp) into the dension optic ring(comes in the box)there are two rings in the box make sure you use the one designated for your particular H.U. For power you can splice into the power cable from the cd changer.Finally plug in the ipod cable (sold separately) and the usb cable that's included.Ready to rock its a great unit all your steering and head unit controls will work great.I found the sound of the usb flash drive to be very good and ipod to be great just cause you can customized more.Hope it helps
Old 04-22-2012, 11:10 AM

cl55
what year is your car. i have a 2003 and i hear the wiring is different
Old 04-22-2012, 12:38 PM

CL55 amg
compatibility chart

this is the compatibility chart from Dension.

http://www.dension.com/sites/default...s_02_12_11.pdf

This should help.