CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Tuning software

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
z/28
Tuning software

Does anyone offer tuning software so that you are able to tune your own vehicle? Or has anyone tried the AEM or Megasquirt systems as a piggyback and had success?
Old 05-15-2012, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
2015 Challenger Hellcat, 2023 Ram 3500, 2005 E55 Wagon, 2019 GLC63s
Originally Posted by 98camarod
Does anyone offer tuning software so that you are able to tune your own vehicle? Or has anyone tried the AEM or Megasquirt systems as a piggyback and had success?
IMO going to those systems, you will lose all of the Benz drivability. Its best to just get a chip or a custom tune from one of the venders on here. They can give you a custom tune on your stock ecu.

R.K.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:08 PM

z/28
Originally Posted by radride
IMO going to those systems, you will lose all of the Benz drivability. Its best to just get a chip or a custom tune from one of the venders on here. They can give you a custom tune on your stock ecu.

R.K.
Can you elaborate on how the driveability is lost? Those systems should control the engine portion. You will maintain the stock ecu for purpose of trans controls and all the other odds and ends.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Can you elaborate on how the driveability is lost? Those systems should control the engine portion. You will maintain the stock ecu for purpose of trans controls and all the other odds and ends.

I already have a highly modified car running an AEM stand alone. No matter how good the tuner is, it will never be the same as the OEM ecu tune from the factory. The OEM company spent millions of dollars perfecting all of the maps so if all of a sudden you drive to the mountains or down to sea level, the car retains its stock oem feel. There will always be some hickups and minor quirks with aftermarket stand alone ecu's.

R.K.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:19 AM

z/28
Originally Posted by radride
I already have a highly modified car running an AEM stand alone. No matter how good the tuner is, it will never be the same as the OEM ecu tune from the factory. The OEM company spent millions of dollars perfecting all of the maps so if all of a sudden you drive to the mountains or down to sea level, the car retains its stock oem feel. There will always be some hickups and minor quirks with aftermarket stand alone ecu's.

R.K.
Well that's to be expected. It's for a custom twin turbo cl55. It's better to not have to rely on someone that is hundreds of miles away to schedule appointments to tune something when it's not that hard to tune as long as you have the software.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well that's to be expected. It's for a custom twin turbo cl55. It's better to not have to rely on someone that is hundreds of miles away to schedule appointments to tune something when it's not that hard to tune as long as you have the software.
Tuning a car and tuning a car properly is 2 different things. Tuning is an art form. There are so many tuners out there. Just becareful because the difference between a motor lasting for thousands of miles and one lasting a dyno session is a key stroke away.

R.K.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:00 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Good software and support can be around 15K. Easier to let Eurocharged tune your car and buy one of their package specials.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 05-17-2012, 12:44 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Cl65 AMG
I too would like to be able to tune my own car and understand both sides. There are likely a few engines that made tons of hp but lost pistons in the process. Being a MB V12 or V8 lends itself to a different market demographic. There are just two few customers to open up the market. I had a spare engine for a while and was going to run it using a stand alone system but someone made me a good offer and off it went to a new home. I am used to cracking open my cars, however this 65 may never run again once its opened ! For now in my opinion let the experts (guys with the software) do there thing. HST, wouldn't it be nice to have control