CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Lowering links issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 CL63
Lowering links issue

I have a set of links on my 2008 CL 63 for about a year or so, I noticed the car would "knock" prodominitaly in the driver front. It progressively got worse. The first time I heard it I was a red light looking at the radio and actually thought someone banged on my hood. It would only do this when at a stop. I assumed the car was trying to adjust itself. Wel it finally rolled a 7 and crapped out. Took it in to the dealer after putting the stock links back on. I am assuming the sensors went bad. I noticed that the lowering links didn't match up as far as how the adjustments were set. One had a "noticeable" amount of thread difference. I called the shop who put the links on and they said that was to compensate for how "OFF" my car was from one side to the other. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem or knows of a good way to adjust the links properly. Is there a tool os scanner that can tell diagnose the height of each corner of the car individually? Thanks guys. Greatly appreciated.