CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Easycare is a JOKE. Advice needed...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
Easycare is a JOKE. Advice needed...

As some of you may know, my car is in the dealership for ABC pump failure.

They are denying me coverage based on a couple of things.

1. my car was lowered using links. I told them the links had NOTHING to do with the ABC failure, yet they don't care. Would links void the warranty on the suspension coverage?

2. they are claiming that I have an "aftermarket smaller performance" pulley which is COMPLETE bs. They even named the manufacturer called speed...something...don't remember. I DO NOT have an aftermarket pulley and now they are saying anything internally related to the engine is now void.

3. they are also claiming that I have aftermarket control arms which again, is complete BS.

4. On the side, they are also claiming cutting out my resonators would void my any exhaust warranty because they cannot cover "free-flowing exhausts" which makes no sense to me.

I feel like these guys are looking any excuse to void my warranty. I've went through 3 claims within the past 2 years with the same mods I have on now and they have never denied me before. I'm a loss here...Don't know what to do, or what to say. I need some advice...

I'd also like to mention that Easyjoke is a piece of crap and they have lost a customer for life. Stay far away from these clowns.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
I'd also like to ask if the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 applies to 3rd party warranties like Easycare
Old 09-14-2012, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
not familiar with the co. is it through mercedes? who is servicing your car? are they telling easy care this info, or do they send inspectors? if there wrong about the pulley, etc. i would have a certified mb technician check these things out and verify that they are stock. normally co's. wont cover thing that are modified, but the servicing dealer normally would just submit the diagnosis and repair and not mention any mods. i believe lowering would exclude abc suspension repair if they could prove it.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:25 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts
So between us you have a smaller pulley, most likely tune (you pulled a c63 which if you were not tuned/ pullied would not happen), links, stiffer lca in the back and modified exhaust and you expect anything drive train related to be covered?

Now, you are absolutely correct that in reality none of those will cause your tandem pump to croak. But, as warranties and business practices go yours should be void for all intents and purposes.

Fair? Not at all. But this is how they operate.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by alx; 09-14-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CL55
I think you should've took off your links and put back on the stock links before taking it to the dealer ship. I would've done that because I know they would point that out. Your scaring me now because my car is slammed on the ground too. Ive been driving around lowered for a year now.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:41 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 cl55 amg, 2008 Range Rover Sport SC
Hey Danlync. Go to Benz works, Huntington beach. Serg repaired my abc issue 5 months ago. His cost is really reasonable compared to the dealer. Tell him I referred you.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,069 Likes on 857 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Read your warranty. There is probably an arbitration provision in a case like yours. If not, contact your state's insurance commissioner and then an attorney. Keep all correspondence and documents related to their decision. Try to get the dealership to write a letter saying that the failures are not caused by your modifications and that your crank pulley is stock.

My questions to you: Is the dealership responsible for the reconnaissance? If not, how do they know you had lower links and a different pulley? Did they send their own claims adjuster? What kind of training did he receive and was it relavent to Mercedes vehicles?
Old 09-15-2012, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 Challenger Hellcat, 2023 Ram 3500, 2005 E55 Wagon, 2019 GLC63s
Originally Posted by alx
So between us you have a smaller pulley, most likely tune (you pulled a c63 which if you were not tuned/ pullied would not happen), links, stiffer lca in the back and modified exhaust and you expect anything drive train related to be covered?

Now, you are absolutely correct that in reality none of those will cause your tandem pump to croak. But, as warranties and business practices go yours should be void for all intents and purposes.

Fair? Not at all. But this is how they operate.

Just my 2 cents.

Unfortunately alx is right. Lowering links are considered part of the suspension along with the pump. An insurance company can use any excuse in the book because they can and will. That is why when it came to modding my suspension, I didn't do the Home Depot kit. I spent the extra money to get a lowering module that way I can turn it off anytime and bring the car back up to stock height.

Goodluck because you're going to need it.

R.K.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W215 V12TT Build by Speedriven, W221 S550 4Matic
when you got the warranty on the car was the car already modded? (lowering links) if that is a yes then it is easy cares responsibility to inspect the car before issuing a warranty on the car. For all you knew car was all stock. I would suggest you call someone way up the chain and speak to them arguing this cery point.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W215 V12TT Build by Speedriven, W221 S550 4Matic
Originally Posted by radride
Unfortunately alx is right. Lowering links are considered part of the suspension along with the pump. An insurance company can use any excuse in the book because they can and will. That is why when it came to modding my suspension, I didn't do the Home Depot kit. I spent the extra money to get a lowering module that way I can turn it off anytime and bring the car back up to stock height.

Goodluck because you're going to need it.

R.K.
Lowering links took me 20minutes by myself to replace all four to OEM and back. I did this everytime I took the car in to dealer.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
Originally Posted by danlnyc
As some of you may know, my car is in the dealership for ABC pump failure.

They are denying me coverage based on a couple of things.

1. my car was lowered using links. I told them the links had NOTHING to do with the ABC failure, yet they don't care. Would links void the warranty on the suspension coverage?

2. they are claiming that I have an "aftermarket smaller performance" pulley which is COMPLETE bs. They even named the manufacturer called speed...something...don't remember. I DO NOT have an aftermarket pulley and now they are saying anything internally related to the engine is now void.

3. they are also claiming that I have aftermarket control arms which again, is complete BS.

4. On the side, they are also claiming cutting out my resonators would void my any exhaust warranty because they cannot cover "free-flowing exhausts" which makes no sense to me.

I feel like these guys are looking any excuse to void my warranty. I've went through 3 claims within the past 2 years with the same mods I have on now and they have never denied me before. I'm a loss here...Don't know what to do, or what to say. I need some advice...

I'd also like to mention that Easyjoke is a piece of crap and they have lost a customer for life. Stay far away from these clowns.
EasyCare? More like NoCare.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'18 Eurocharged GLE 43
easycare isn't a warranty, per se. it is a contractual obligation to repair items on your car. most 'warranty's companies are like this. that way they don't have to conform to 50 different state dept. of insurances. the MM act would only pertain to a warranty, a warrantable item that is sold with an implied use that fails that use, etc. it would not apply in this case. I would read your policy and request any documents that show coverages and exclusions. if there is any language that states altering the vehicle so it does not perform as it would when built (or words to that effect) then you won't be covered. now, the contract language could say that any alterations to the car, irrespective if said alterations are causal to the failure, will void the contract. that would mean you could alter the exhaust and they would cancel the contract. however, it could also read that an alteration only effects the altered vehicle system. again, I refer you back to your contract info.