CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

2006 c 55 please help me out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c55 amg
2006 c 55 please help me out

Hey guys I recently bought the 06 c 55 amg with 55,000 miles. The car is absolutely amazing I could never drive another car it feels like and I can't help but smile on the way out. I just don't know much about them. What's a good oil to use? What are some warning sounds I should look for around this milage as well as what if any fluid changes I should look for. Also I know it has a transmission that learns how the driver uses the car and I of course got on it a few times and idk if I should ease into it. I'm trying to not use is as a daily driver but also like touse the engine of course. What are my limits before its not good for the car. I'm no dummy with cars and am a mechanical engineer myself but am just looking to talk and pick some brains about this sweet car and possibly meet some groups in Chicago. Thanks
Old 04-22-2013, 02:39 AM

2002 Mercedes-Benz CL55 AMG
You're not going to hurt this car unless you hit something. Drive it like you stole it. Enjoy it. They make great daily drivers. You will want to find a good independent Benz mechanic in your area, and have all the normal services caught up and checked.

Of particular importance (and expense) on these cars is the ABC Suspension system, you will want to stay on top of maintenance for that. It's a fantastic system but it is unique, complex and costly to repair.

Any Merc is relatively more expensive to maintain and repair. It's part of the price of admission for these cars. Still I wouldn't change a thing, I love my CL. I have the older model without the supercharged engine. It has tons of power, I can't imagine an '03-'06 with the blown V8, or God help me a twin-turbo V12. Just can't imagine. But I want one lol.

Grats on your CL!
Old 04-22-2013, 03:17 AM

2006 C55 AMG
You have c55 amg, wrong section this is cl55, but anyways c55 is one most reliable amg, there is no abc suspension to worry about, just replace your fluids on time I would suggest checking all your fluids, brakes, coolant, oil. Engine mounts wear out oh these cars around 60k miles and check your car for leaks especially valve covers those leak on all m113 motors as early as 30-40k miles. Otherwise those cars are pretty reliable.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:21 AM

2002 Mercedes-Benz CL55 AMG
Ack C/CL I missed that lol.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:58 PM

c55 amg
Awsome . yea in checked most fluids the best I could and the dealer claims it was taken to Benz dealer before buying but still going to take it in. But this just helped me clarify what I was already thinking. Thanks again