CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Sunroof Height adjustment?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 09:05 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63S
Sunroof Height adjustment?

Hey guys, noticed that on my CL65 that the sunroof when closed does not seem to come fully flush in the back (as opposed to being slightly higher and more flush with the roofline). I have not noticed any issues with leaking or anything like that, I do seem to hear a little wind noise with everything else off so there is obviously not a perfect seal there. Is there a way to adjust the height of the sunroof when it is in that sort of position? It opens fully, goes into tilt/down from tilt fine, and only seems to have this problem when supposedly fully shut. Thanks in advance
Old 06-28-2013, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CL63AMG
Originally Posted by red60R
Hey guys, noticed that on my CL65 that the sunroof when closed does not seem to come fully flush in the back (as opposed to being slightly higher and more flush with the roofline). I have not noticed any issues with leaking or anything like that, I do seem to hear a little wind noise with everything else off so there is obviously not a perfect seal there. Is there a way to adjust the height of the sunroof when it is in that sort of position? It opens fully, goes into tilt/down from tilt fine, and only seems to have this problem when supposedly fully shut. Thanks in advance
Not sure on adjustment but you can try to luricate the molding around it. Open the roof and use some lubricant. Then close the roof press and hold the roof bottom for 10 sec that resets it. Good luck!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:20 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63S
Originally Posted by airtony
Not sure on adjustment but you can try to luricate the molding around it. Open the roof and use some lubricant. Then close the roof press and hold the roof bottom for 10 sec that resets it. Good luck!
so you mean open it to tilt, and try to lube the edges of the molding, then shut and push the close button for 10 secs?

Any specific type lube to use?

Last edited by red60R; 06-28-2013 at 04:23 PM.