CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Having an issue with my side mirrors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CL63 AMG
Having an issue with my side mirrors

Hello everyone, I have a 2012 cl63 and I seem to be having an issue with my side view mirrors. I have the mirrors set to auto fold and when I went to pull the car out this morning the drivers side mirror folded out but the motor kept running and it folded out past where it should have stopped. It was very strange. I tried folding the mirrors back in and folding them out again but the same thing keeps happening. The passenger side mirror is working fine. I'm wondering if this could have anything to do with how cold it is today. I'm in the New York City area and it's about 5 degrees out. Has anyone ever encountered anything like this before? Also another strange thing happened when I went to put the car into drive it wouldn't go into gear it just stayed in reverse. I had to put it in park and restart the engine to get it into drive. Has anyone encountered anything like this before? These are the first issues I've had with the car and it's interesting that they have coincided with the coldest day of the year. Thanks for reading any and all responses would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
2015 Challenger Hellcat, 2023 Ram 3500, 2005 E55 Wagon, 2019 GLC63s
Don't worry about and drop it off at the dealer. Its under warranty.

R.K.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CL63 AMG
Originally Posted by radride
Don't worry about and drop it off at the dealer. Its under warranty.

R.K.
Thanks for the reply. I made the appointment a few hours ago. I hope there are no major issues.