CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

About to buy 05 CL55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55
About to buy 05 CL55

Hey guys Im pretty new to AMGs but Ive been doing some research. I know about the ABC problems and im curious how to tell if the car has those problems.

Also are their any other known problems I should look for?

The car im looking at has 40k on it.

Last edited by PurpleDon; 03-21-2014 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W215 V12TT Build by Speedriven, W221 S550 4Matic
Seems like low miles for the car, but maybe someone really babied it. Any paint work done? With those miles if they are real you should not worry about much an extended warranty will always come in handy.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:01 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by kamilclk430
Seems like low miles for the car, but maybe someone really babied it. Any paint work done? With those miles if they are real you should not worry about much an extended warranty will always come in handy.
Thats all could hope for is that someone babied it.Is there a way they could reset the miles? Im going to look at the car sunday and most likely will buy it. Why do you ask about paintwork jw? It comes with 1year warranty and buying an extended warranty is deff in the plan aswell.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W215 V12TT Build by Speedriven, W221 S550 4Matic
Yes, someone can roll the miles back on any given car if they have the right tools to do it. But maybe I'm just too cautious. Check the edges around the fenders, hood, doors, and trunk if you feel a second coat of paint than the car has been repainted in that spot. I would also run the car and look under it for any leaks. Check little stuff like locks, windows, seats, and so on. I remember I bought my SL55 in Summer and never checked if the heated seats work next thing I know my extended warranty is replacing seats due to them not working.

Just trying to help and make sure you get the right car. If the deal is right and the car is legit I would not pass on a low mile car like that with warranty. You should be able to tell right away by interior and exterior if car was taken care of or not.

Good Luck

Kamil
Old 03-22-2014, 01:27 AM

04 E55
Originally Posted by kamilclk430
Yes, someone can roll the miles back on any given car if they have the right tools to do it. But maybe I'm just too cautious. Check the edges around the fenders, hood, doors, and trunk if you feel a second coat of paint than the car has been repainted in that spot. I would also run the car and look under it for any leaks. Check little stuff like locks, windows, seats, and so on. I remember I bought my SL55 in Summer and never checked if the heated seats work next thing I know my extended warranty is replacing seats due to them not working.

Just trying to help and make sure you get the right car. If the deal is right and the car is legit I would not pass on a low mile car like that with warranty. You should be able to tell right away by interior and exterior if car was taken care of or not.

Good Luck

Kamil
Thank you I appeciate the input. Will update thread sunday!