CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Black CL63 AMG Wheel Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 CL63 AMG
Black CL63 AMG Wheel Suggestions?

Hi all!

Just about to purchase new wheels and tires for my beast. Its a black CL63 AMG.

I've seen the rennen forged R10 Concave on this and it looks amazing. The cost for all 4 wheels is about $4800. I don't mind the cost, but I also do live in the northeast where I will most likely damage the 22" wheels.

With that being said, I do not mind spending half the price and getting the Vossen vvs-cv3 in matte black machined finish. This way, if they do break, I can just replace it easily.

These are the two that caught my attention. I did however have my eye on having more spokes than the cv3 offers. Possibly even chrome without making it look tacky. (If you have seen "Money Talks" show with Steve Stevens, his Mercedes has very nice wheels. Can't seem to find a picture though.)

With that being said, any suggestions as to another wheel I should consider before making my final purchase?

Thank you.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS63 AMG
HOW ABOUT THE NEW VOSSEN VF/SERIES MANUFACTURED WITH ADVANCED FLOW FORMING TECHNOLOGY

Visit the VFS-2 site: www.vfs2.com

Enjoy the all new VFS-2 Intro.

Available sizes:

20x8.5 | 20x9 | 20x9.5 | 20x10 | 20x10.5 | 20x12

22x9 | 22x10.5 | 22x12

The flow forming process maintains the integrity of the design while improving grain-structure of the aluminum, creating a stronger, lighter, and thinner forged-like rim barrel. Flow forming is the answer to the market’s demand for lightweight wheels that are more durable and enhance overall vehicle driving performance.

Vossen VF / Series

MANUFACTURING:

The collective desire of automobile enthusiasts is a wheel that is not only aesthetically captivating, but built for form and function. The process of creating the best flow formed wheel involves a mix of complex engineering and high-grade technology. A balanced combination of heat and pressure upon the rim barrel alters the mechanical properties of the wheel to get the desired effect: increased strength and weight reduction of up to 15 percent.

AESTHETICS:

For all its advanced manufacturing features, the VFS-2 wheel is also beautifully crafted. Its design is inspired by the 15 spoke forged wheel, which debuted at SEMA 2012 on our flag-ship Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series. The VFS-2 is equally as elegant and will be available in three different
finishes: silver-polished, and for the first time, gloss-graphite and satin-bronze.

TECHNICAL:

Our new VF Series made with flow forming technology allows us to offer a variety of new widths. Our VFS-2 will be introduced in a 20” and 22” diameter with a width range of 8.5” all the way to 12”. We will be offering three concave design profiles in 20” – flat, mid and deep. These new width options will provide more fitment flexibility and versatility, along with a stronger and lighter wheel.

NOW AVAILABLE:

Inventory is limited. Contact your local authorized Vossen
dealer to order your set.

Here is a SL550 we just did

Last edited by diego@vossen; 06-24-2014 at 01:54 PM.