CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

CPO ELW and ABC system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 & CL CK60
CPO ELW and ABC system

Hi everyone. I recently bought a CPO 2011 CL65 with 30k miles. Love the car. Took it in for service and asked the dealership about extending my CPO to an ELW. I had heard in the past that neither the CPO nor the ELW cover the ABC system. I asked the Service Manager at MB if this was the case and he seemed adamant that it IS covered by ELW. Can anyone confirm for me whether or not the ABC system is covered by CPO ELW or not? If the ELW doesn't cover ABC then I will have to get a third party warranty I suppose. I priced Fidelity and I assume there are others.

On another note, does anyone know if they improved the ABC system or coilpacks on the 2011 CL65?

Thanks!!
Old 12-05-2015, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,066 Likes on 855 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
ABC will fail. It's all a matter of time, heat, and mileage. As soon as they come up with an ABC system that runs an electronic clutch for the pump or an ABC line that can't burst, I will say it has adequate improvements that will make it reliable.

At one time, I heard the Mercedes extended warranty does not cover ABC but I can't confirm that to be true or false. If they don't, it would be a very sad day for MB.