CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Front Oil Cooler Upgrade Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 02:28 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 W215 CL55 AMG
Front Oil Cooler Upgrade Question

Looks like after months of trying to source a discontinued oil cooler line I’m going to bite the bullet an upgrade the front oil cooler (see other thread that I started). My intention was to keep the car stock but my inability to find this oil line has forced me into an upgrade (that’s my upgrade excuse an I’m sticking to it). I’ve been looking at some of the oil coolers from Mishimoto but I don’t see anything that resembles the stock setup. Most have a top feed/return which I wasn’t sure if that would be an issue. With the factory setup, the feed and return are at the sides of the cooler. Also, by design, gravity helps as oil naturally flows to the low location of the oil cooler and doesn’t need to be pushed upward as it would on a top feed/return design. Anyway, my question is has anyone done this upgrade or just have any advice on if a top feed/return oil cooler would inhibit oil flow? Can anyone chime in on a good option oil cooler that would be suitable for an M113? Space is a little tight in that area of the W215 CL which is why I’m asking. Please let me know if you have done this upgrade. Thanks in advance.
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (12-31-2019)
Old 01-04-2020, 02:55 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 W215 CL55 AMG
Looks like there may be a possible solution from Setrab. I just need to remove the bumper and take some measurements. I’ll post pictures of the oil cooler that I’m considering along with what I find space-wise in the factory oil cooler location once removed.